LiveTV on Virgin Blue | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

LiveTV on Virgin Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yada Yada

Established Member
I just noticed the following comments by Brett Godfrey in a news article that was primarily about the new Virgin Blue Lounges:

theaustralian.news.com.au said:
Mr Godfrey said plans to fly to the US were still in train, and Virgin had a team of 10 working on them. He hoped to brief the airline's new board about the plan by September or October. He said it was still considering aircraft capable of flying the route. Availability and the ability to fly the mission were issues.

The first Virgin plane to boast the live cable service, LiveTV, will be converted in the US in July. Subsequent conversions will be done in New Zealand.

Passengers will be able to pay to receive Foxtel channels, including news and business reports, broadcast via satellite.

Mr Godfrey said price had not been decided but it would be "considerably less" than the $12 charged for portable digital entertainment systems.

Full Story here...
Sounds like a cool system.

Standby

Old news except he forgot to say it should have been avail last July!!
there have been major issues with it with major reception "blackholes"
so a payTV mate told me earlier this year.

jakeseven7

Standby said:
Old news except he forgot to say it should have been avail last July!!
there have been major issues with it with major reception "blackholes"
so a payTV mate told me earlier this year.
I have heard exactly the same...!

Also I have heard, that in the meantime, DJ went back into market research on the concept and it didn't come out as strongly as they hoped for some reason and are trying to tweak the offer? (No idea what that means though)

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I recall chatting to a DJ hostie ages ago and her telling me that she was going for training "next week" over the DJ introduction of their TV system.

That was ages ago now. Over a year probably. Suspect they ran into issues or change of focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iammarkls1