List of Businesses that accept Amex

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryW

Intern
Good morning all,i am trying to find the list of Businesses that accept Amex.To no avail.I wish to add that i was under the impression Red Rooster here in QLD took Amex,i wish to advise this must be at the Franchisee's discretion,as twice i have tried @ Kelvin Grove and Mt Ommaney,and they do not accept Amex.Information for all for all to take note of.Thanks Terry.

The company I work for accepts Amex and I have only one customer that uses Amex and I find theres a day or 2 delay in the funds hitting our business account although all other EFTPOS transactions hit overnight.

Last edited:
There's a "Merchant Map" available, but I'm sure how accurate it is.
If I search for Woolworths I get a bunch of results but there's a lot more Woolworths supermarkets than appear. This might be to do with how large, non-franchised retailers are registered (one central office and multiple locations) so I think with smaller businesses and franchises it should work just fine.

I would have thought if head office says they accept amex the franchisees would be compelled to follow suit as the merchant fees are negotiated at a corporate level.

I would have thought if head office says they accept amex the franchisees would be compelled to follow suit as the merchant fees are negotiated at a corporate level.
Depends on the franchise arrangements. Sometimes they include payment processing as a service provided from the franchiser, a lot of the time they don't. That's why you sometimes find that different branches of the same chain don't all accept AmEx. It's also why you sometimes get strange descriptions on your statement that don't line up with the business branding. A few years ago I bought lunch at a Subway and had something like "Wen Lo Chen Pty Ltd." appear on my statement. Took me a while to figure out what it was...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back