LCC Booking with Child

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnK

Veteran Member
I had an issue recently where 3K allocated seats all over for a booking for myself, wife and 2 year old daughter. I thought we were sitting together but seats were automatically allocated apart.

I've been looking at booking Air Asia CNX-DMK later this month and started booking the flight and chose the value pack, 509 baht per person, and found that we were allocated 19D, 31A and 31F.

Can a 2 year old sit alone? How hard is it to include this in the seating rules? So even though value pack includes allocated seats you need to pay to choose your own seats. Seriously? So add another 10 baht each to sit together in row 16. Why not make the value pack 519 baht and allow people to choose seats? The booking details are littered with Add ons. And there's also a booking fee of 385.2 baht if you needed an extra add-on to fill up the page.

This is why you stay away from LCCs. I'd normally book Bangkok Airways but airfares on that day are nearly 3,000 baht each as opposed to ~2,200 baht each on Air Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back