lax wait times inbound TSA

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by PLANT, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. PLANT

PLANT Established Member

Jan 23, 2005
    Bloody late out of Melbourne resulted inTo 0845 tbit terminal arrival , 45 minute + weight to get through TSA...... Bloody TSA domestic random clicker put me in the long que :( 20 minutes... Denver here I come!

2. rioter

rioter Member

Nov 17, 2013
    You waited 20 mins? I would call that short for TBIT.

3. ozbeachbabe

ozbeachbabe Senior Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Are we talking TSA or CBP here?

it's CBP to initially get through border control then after you collect your luggage & line up again to hand in your blue form. After that either redeposit your bag at TBIT if tagged to final destination or take it with you to F9 checkin & drop off there.

You'd only encounter TSA once you went through the security check point at whatever terminal F9 operate out of.

4. maninblack

maninblack Established Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Another example of clearance through TBIT being slow but reasonable and perhaps better than MEL or SYD all up. The OP would have had time to change connecting flight too if required knowing plane was very late departing MEL. Trans-pac flights are not usually made to hold into LAX, they get clearance pretty much straight in.

Out of interest how do you know that the OP was flying Frontier? I see no reference to that in the post.

5. BAM1748

BAM1748 Senior Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Sydney
    That time doesn't sound unreasonable to me. I wish they could do that every time.

Matt

6. ozbeachbabe

Jan 10, 2009
    Because they'd asked a question regarding Frontier on the thread below:

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/your-questions/help-print-ticket-mobile-frontier-59757.html

Denver was also a bit of a giveaway being Frontier's home base.

I'm be interested to know how long they had in LAX in between flights as it sounds like they still made their connection despite the delayed inbound flight.

7. maninblack

Aug 14, 2006
    Aha. Didn't read that thread.

I'd be interested to know too. Frontier have a 10.40 LAX-DEN which I'm assuming they made okay with an 8.45 in LAX but tight!

8. rioter

rioter Member

Nov 17, 2013
    I would have missed that flight the last 3 times i was into LAX. Got to love it.

9. maninblack

Aug 14, 2006
    History

Essentially on time 14 of past 16. The 2 exceptions are obvious delayed departures.

10. PLANT

PLANT Established Member

Jan 23, 2005
    I had the 11.40hrs.... Made in plenty of time with domestic t3 20 minute wait in long que. Bigger seats in frontier but like old Virgin blue inside TV on seat.... Flight attendants let's just say are picked for personality over looks!
    Gave myself 3 hr's..... The delay In and longer entry into immigration tbit did concern me while waiting as another Aussie mentioned to usher he had 1040 and got bumped to quicker que I think as he vanished.....

11. ozbeachbabe

Jan 10, 2009
    What animal was on the tail of the Frontier a/c?

12. TomVexille

TomVexille Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2013
    Melbourne
    20 minutes to get through security is pretty good over there.

13. blackcat20

blackcat20 Senior Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    An hour from deplaning to landslide yesterday.

14. Quickstatus

Quickstatus Senior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    NSW
    I've always wondered how many different animals are on the tails of F9 in total.