Latest Qantas TV Ad | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Latest Qantas TV Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Noble

I've been to cities that never close down
From New York, to Rio, and old London town
But no matter how far, our offshore jobs go
the share price is sure to grow

goodbye Australia
we're moving abroad
replacing neil perry with a chef from Lahore
and the inflight entertainment will be in mandarin
all kung fu and less kath n kim

all the qantas workers fearful for their jobs
please head to the centrelink lines
Cos after the takeover you're over
now only foreign girls can shag ralf feinnes

And someday this choir will be outsourced too
And Qantas will be called the Asian kangaroo
and I'll wreck the cheap labour when our profits have grown

Ill still call australia,
Ill still call Australia
Ill still call australia 51% home

Wonder if it was intentional to use Rio rather than the normal ( for QF ads ) Rome

Dave

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Dave Noble said:
replacing neil perry with a chef from Lahore
Don't laugh!

Brian Laras' daughter is glad he got his double century in Sydney!

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Australian Broadcasting Corporation

Dave Noble

Flashware said:
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Not an unreasonable claim.

Ah well....for those interested in getting the whole episode, the torrent is out there, you just need to know where to look

Dave

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Dave Noble said:
Not an unreasonable claim.

Ah well....for those interested in getting the whole episode, the torrent is out there, you just need to know where to look
The ABC Chaser website normally posts copies of the last couple of episodes for download on the Chaser website here ABC TV: The Chaser's War on Everything - Video Podcast but they don't seem to have the downloads enabled at this point in time.

DJ737

Hi there

It appears QANTAS doesn't have a sense of humour (but we know that:rolleyes: ) and got their legal team on to it and got it pulled from the the Chaser website, and subsequently from You Tube:mad: .

DJ737

Dave Noble

DJ737 said:
Hi there

It appears QANTAS doesn't have a sense of humour (but we know that:rolleyes: ) and got their legal team on to it and got it pulled from the the Chaser website, and subsequently from You Tube .

DJ737
It was, as far as I could see, never released on the Chaser website

Dave

SeatBackForward

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Copies of it are available, if you know where to look. They can't surpress something thats more true than their own marketing.

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Downloads of the first episode are now available at the Chaser website (although, the Qantas segment has been cut from the episode. Maybe there were legal issues?)

ABC TV: The Chaser's War on Everything - Video Podcast

Note that the files are around 80Mb, so may take some time to download depending on your connection speed.

Last edited:

Dave Noble

Mal said:
Downloads of the first episode are now available at the Chaser website (although, the Qantas segment has been cut from the episode. Maybe there were legal issues?)
They only put excerpts on their site ; not surprised that the QF parody isn't there since looking at the past video highlights they don;t seem to have musical excerpts

Dave

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Dave Noble said:
They only put excerpts on their site ; not surprised that the QF parody isn't there since looking at the past video highlights they don;t seem to have musical excerpts

Dave
Chaser started putting up MP4/AVI downloads of their complete shows online last year. They normally stick around for a couple of weeks before being removed. They also have the exerpts as well which they showcase.

Normally the complete episodes are just that - complete episodes. But for some reason this time, it has been cut down and around 8 minutes is missing.

Standby

Dave Noble said:
It was, as far as I could see, never released on the Chaser website

Dave
Correct as an avid Chaser Poscast downloader that section has not been added to their VODcast
Interestingly almost all PODCASTS dont have music due copyright restrictions..so the conspiracy theorists can relax this time

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lesleyfina