Large group to Europe 2020 - Award Bookings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrs.g

Sorry if my newbieness is frustrating for you guys. I have long been a fan of collecting QFF points - mostly through CC spending and bonus grabs here and there. But never really could work out how to get the best out of them other than the occasional use on DOM flights that I didnt see as the best use of! We have now have 592K points between myself & hubby. Here’s the point of my post....We have a large family and wish to travel to France & Italy next year in Sept. around the nsw school holiday period. We would like to use our points to “assist the kids( actually young adults)” with the airfares. We want to get advice please on how we can best use our points. I understand redeeming for econ is considered the worst use, especially because we have to pay around 700 in tax etc. So what to do?? Do we buy tickets and use to upgrade? What’s the chances of that? Or redeem for as many seats as possible and this will reduce our overall costs?

Travel period: 3 weeks - sometime around and inc 26 sept to 11 oct - we are flexible with departure dates, so maybe a bit before or after but total time away is 3 weeks
SYD To: Paris or Rome (we think this is best to fly in/out of (please advise) - on ground itinerary includes but not limited to Strasbourg, Rome, Sicily
Travellers: 2 adults + Child 11 - must travel together, + 2 adults, + 2 adults + 1 adult, + 1 adult in total 9 of us. I have listed “groups separately As we most likely won’t all fly out together, however some of us might travel together. Q: will large groups ever get to redeem seats on the same flight?
Or because there is so many of us do you think an airline would give us a group discount? Then maybe we can upgrade to business class and leave all the “kids” in econ ;)

We are not keen on long delays at airports or a huge stopovers anywhere, as we will be traveling with a child . We really want to get there as quickly as we can and same with the return travel. We prefer to maximise our short holiday time at the destination.

I really would appreciate any suggestions for us. Or if you think its even a possibility!! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back