Ladies who shop !!

Discussion in 'Playground' started by mrs.dr.ron, Aug 20, 2017.

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. mrs.dr.ron

mrs.dr.ron Active Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Sunshine Coast QLD
    I was shopping for a present for a friend .....
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

[​IMG]

when the really nice sales assistant asked me if I would like to try on their special sale items from NYC ! Of course I said yes, please note the price on the sale tag ...

[​IMG]

that's right 7,115,500.00 million dollars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pink diamond :shock:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Pushka

Pushka Enthusiast

Jan 26, 2011
    ADL MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Ah. I read that on the other thread and thought you were in Bangkok and it was baht!

I don't even like it but then I'm not into big rings. I do like pink though.

3. mrs.dr.ron

mrs.dr.ron Active Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Sunshine Coast QLD
    We were in Brisbane. I don't like the ring either - but how often do you get to try on a 7 million dollar ring !!! I don't like the shape and I think it looks over done !
    But I do like pink too.

4. cove

cove Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2010
    Perth
    I thought that was a telephone number.
    I was in Bulgari looking at their new range and saved half a fortune this month.
    Mrscove went to Tous and Arche without me. I may have to refer her to someone who handles shoe and bag disorders.

• Like Like x 2
  5. mrs.dr.ron

mrs.dr.ron Active Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Sunshine Coast QLD
    Calling Princess Fiona ......

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bindibuys

Bindibuys Established Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Hunter Valley NSW
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Facebook:
    I used to work at Angus & Coote. We had a diamond: Australia's largest diamond, a 95-carat gem known as the 'Golconda D'or,' was stolen from an exhibition in the Sydney Town Hall.
    One of my jobs was to take this diamond from store to store when it was on exhibit. It was kept in an old Seiko watch box. I would often sit it on my finger to see how it would look as a ring - not good.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Quickstatus

Quickstatus Senior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    NSW
    C'mon ladies, only one Tiffany bag?

We were there at 5th Avenue - spent less than $US100 (2 items) and got these bags

The items were in small tiffany boxes (out of picture) then put in the smaller bag which was then placed in the larger bag. Its all about the bags.
    tiffany.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. zig

zig Established Member

Apr 9, 2007
    NSW
    Would love to have a pink diamond ring, but not that one. It is almost criminal to create something so ugly from a lovely diamond.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mrs.dr.ron

mrs.dr.ron Active Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Sunshine Coast QLD
    Precisely ! I thought it was gaudy - but I didn't tell the sales lady that !

10. zig

zig Established Member

Apr 9, 2007
    NSW
    The salesperson probably thought the same thing, but she has a job to do ðŸ

11. Denali

Denali Established Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Sydney suburbs
    #11 Denali, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    Having shopped at the 5th Ave store, my husbands standard response to, "Look, theres a Tiffanys.", is "If its not 5th Avenue, we're not shopping!".

I have tried on a $250K diamond ring once but hubby is kinda attached to his kidneys and wouldnt buy it for me.

• Like Like x 4
  12. cove

cove Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2010
    Perth
    It's Mephisto for walking shoes apparently.
    I used to buy Mrscove Bruno Magli shoes and handbag combos but I have been made redundant. Sacked you could say.
    I think Mrscove might visit Peter Sheppard this weekend in Melbourne. Seems you need to keep buying.....

• Like Like x 1
  13. mrs.dr.ron

mrs.dr.ron Active Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Sunshine Coast QLD
    I am rather partial to Mr Sheppards shops as well. Last time I came out with 3 pairs :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. zig

zig Established Member

Apr 9, 2007
    NSW
    My favourite place to buy shoes. :)

15. Milboo

Milboo Established Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Had to laugh as your post reminded me of something. Tiffany (no 's') is the store/ brand. We were looking it up at work a while back using the name plus .com.au.

Turns out Tiffanys (.com.au) is a massage parlour and IT wanted to know why we were accessing such a site from a work computer...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Antoallison

Antoallison Intern

May 24, 2015
    Perth, W Australia
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I have to agree there is something special about those Tiffany bags.

i once booked a weeks stay at an Airbnb apartment in Singapore based on nothing more than the fact that it was tastefully decorated in Tiffany Blue !

17. darktiger

darktiger Junior Member

Sep 13, 2016
  18. cove

cove Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2010
    Perth
    Mrscove and I are in California at the moment. This might be a work in progress.

• Like Like x 2
  19. cove

cove Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2010
    Perth
    Have just been down to South Coast Plaza and that place can be a wealth attack. Have secured Mrscove’s birthday pressies with her help.

• Like Like x 2
  20. mrs.dr.ron

mrs.dr.ron Active Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Sunshine Coast QLD
    I hope you didn't shop the place out - we will be there in October ! So what did you get MrsCove ?? :D