KrisFlyer Platinum vs Altitude Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafliron

Established Member
Was recently comparing the Westpac KrisFlyer Platinum and Altitude Platinum cards. As far as I can tell both cards offer the same earn rate for KF miles, but the Altitude card has the benefits of:

- also allows redemptions to Velocity, AsiaMiles, Enrich and AirPoints, with all redeeming at 1.5 FF program points per $1 spent on Amex (except ANZ AirPoints, can't remember the rate).
- can warehouse the Altitude points with Westpac until you're ready to use them (no 3 year expiry like KrisFlyer have)

Am I missing something? I can't see the point of the KrisFlyer card (except for slightly lower annual fee) at the moment.

there is better travel insurance with krisflyer? or when i last compared i was comparing the alt gold with plat krisflyer so that may have been the difference.

also the visa card on krisflyer plat earns 1.5pts per $1 on overseas transactions

And double KF pts on purchases for SQ product - as has been mentioned ad nauseam on AFF WSQCC lost most of it's appeal when Visa earn rated halved from 1pt/$1 to 0.5pt/$1 - a mockery when Citi Select has eff earn rate 1.33pt/$1.

Yes both of the Westpac Visa cards are a waste of space in one's wallet if you have any Visa or MasterCard that earns at least a point a dollar.
There is flexibility in the Altitude Amex and I have that one as my emergency spare card.

Thanks guys. It sounds like the Altitude card is a better deal unless you're spending a lot of $$ with SQ or a lot of $$ internationally on it.

I have decided to try to upgrade my emergency Gold Altitude Westpac card to a Platinum one.
i haven't been using that Gold Card as a point a dollar on Amex is not competitive.
It's better to have an emergency card so that it is ready to use is my line of thinking seeing changes by American Express direct cards are occurring at the moment. Being prepared early is something we try to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Staff online

Back