Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Krisflyer miles refunds - Taking forever! Anyone else with this problem?

kpc

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Just cancelled online my award flight on 2 Dec, Jnb-Sin-Syd; let's see how long the refund process takes this time!
A lot faster this time....6 days after cancelling award online, got an email today and all my points have been refunded with taxes to follow :)

kpc

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
A lot faster this time....6 days after cancelling award online, got an email today and all my points have been refunded with taxes to follow :)
3 days later, the taxes have been refunded. Much, much quicker this time!

straitman

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
I applied for my refund about 1st Sept. Money was back in about 2-3 days and points in a couple of weeks.

AIRwin

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
I may need to cancel a redemption booking for a flight on Christmas Day so watching this with interest...
Finally received notification from SQ late on Monday night that my flight has been cancelled, submitted my refund request first thing in the morning and have just received the refund notice for the taxes on the ticket (advising 4 to 6 weeks to allow time for banks to process)...

Last edited:

drron

Veteran Member
Received advice that our December SQ award flights were cancelled so I cancelled last night.Everything back in our accounts when I checked at lunch time today.

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

AIRwin

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Nothing yet even though mine's also an Amex but I'd paid the taxes in a foreign currency...
Refund back to my credit card account overnight but lost around $4 due to foreign currency conversion...

LadyC

Established Member
I requested an award booking cancellation last weekend and had the points back on Tuesday and cash back on Wednesday. It was a simple and quick process for me.

timochy

Not as lucky as some on here
Requested a refund on a rtw award booking for 4 pax on the 4/10 and still nothing back
Just hope my points are staying intact as it was a forced holiday due to points expiring

LadyC

Established Member
Not as lucky as some on here
Requested a refund on a rtw award booking for 4 pax on the 4/10 and still nothing back
Just hope my points are staying intact as it was a forced holiday due to points expiring

We had points refunded and cash back approximately a fortnight ago on 'expired points'. All points back in the account with new expiry dates of April and June 2021. Flights booked from MEL which I think can sometimes make the process easier (as different departure locations can take differing periods of time).

AIRwin

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Refund back to my credit card account overnight but lost around $4 due to foreign currency conversion...
I decided to dispute with my credit card and ended up getting the difference refunded as well...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhandinhbongdaseriea