Keep your Asia Miles active and they’ll never expire | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Keep your Asia Miles active and they’ll never expire

Ric

Receive an email from Marco Polo Club re Asia Miles not expiring if there are activities every 18 months .... just like QF.

10 December 2019​
Dear Mr
Last year, Asia Miles changed the way you earn Miles and redeem Flight Awards to ensure you get the most out of the programme. Now Asia Miles is making the programme even more rewarding. Starting 1 January 2020, your newly earned Asia Miles will no longer expire three years after being credited to your account.

Keep earning or redeeming to keep your Miles active

As long as you earn or use your Asia Miles at least once every 18 months, they will never expire.*

This can be as easy as
earning and redeeming Asia Miles when you fly with Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon
spending with Cathay Pacific or Asia Miles co-branded credit cards
redeeming Asia Miles for Travel or Lifestyle Awards

More control to make the best choices for you
Now that your Asia Miles last longer, you'll be able to enjoy even more Travel and Lifestyle Awards from the over 800-strong network of programme partners.
More control
over managing your Miles and planning how to use them.​
Simpler to use
your Miles for exciting rewards and experiences without the hassle of time constraints.​
The best choices
for you to fulfil your own personal desires at just the right moment.​
Check out the video on the Asia Miles website to learn more about the new arrangement.
About your club points
Your Marco Polo Club membership is valid for 12 months from the date your current tier was enrolled in, renewed, upgraded or downgraded. The way your club points are calculated remains the same, and when your new membership year begins, your club points are reset to zero.

We hope you continue to find your Asia Miles and Marco Polo Club memberships a valuable part of your travel experience.

Yours sincerely,
Jessica Meyers
Marco Polo Club Manager
*For all new Miles earned from 1 January 2020, the Miles expiry date is automatically extended by 18 months from your last Miles crediting or debiting date. All Miles credited on or before 31 December 2019 will continue to follow the existing Miles expiry arrangement. For more information, please visit asiamiles.com/stayactive

Asia Miles Terms and Conditions apply.

kelvedon

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Am I reading it correctly that it’s only new miles ( earned after 1st January) that have no expiry, points already earned and in the bank will still expire?.

Jacques Vert

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
Am I reading it correctly that it’s only new miles ( earned after 1st January) that have no expiry, points already earned and in the bank will still expire?.
Yes; although according to Loyalty Lobby, you can convert old miles to new to stop them expiring:

Note that members can convert old miles to new ones for a modest service fee:
  1. Miles earned under the time-based system can be renewed to the new activity-based system subject to the payment of a service fee (online: USD40; other channels: USD100). Miles earned under the new activity-based system cannot be renewed.
I have 100 Asia Miles left in my account that expire on 30/9/2022. Guess I've got a couple of years to make a decision :rolleyes:

OZDUCK

Established Member
Flights
My Map
PointHacks suggested that its not clear if its $40 total or a shocking $40/2000 points
I just looked at my Asia Miles account, I have 29,000 points due to expire in January 2020, and renewal costs US$40 per 2,000 points. At least I can use the points to pay for a hotel in Germany next year not a great use but better than just losing them.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mmenzel