Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Karachi closed by Army for 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

markis10

Veteran Member
Some sort of military operation going on with a gun battle underway and planes destroyed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 85

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

under the radar

Established Member
I suppose keeping the airport closed just for 24hrs after the 'bloodshed' of the last 8hrs is a small price to pay!! :rolleyes::shock:

Pakistan govt response.....'we sincerely apologize that this massacre has forced us to close the airport for 24hrs (we just need some time to remove the bodies/clean up the blood)....we will resume normal operations/life ASAP!!' :evil:

ALL my own opinion of course

zainman

Established Member
As my home airport (besides MEL), this makes me incredibly sad. I hope operations can be resumed safely and that the govt can learn from this going forward and beef up security at airports. It's the one place where I used to feel totally safe.

May those innocent lives that have perished RIP.

Mark3000

Very sad situation.
How impressive is Sanjay Gupta on CNN. He is a fully qualified neurosurgeon in the US and does medical stories for CNN, any by coincidence flew in the Karachi last night. They had him reporting on this as it was happening this morning on CNN and he did so well under what I imagine was quite a bit of pressure, like a fully trained foreign correspondent. Well to my non journalism trained eyes that is. Some people are very multi-talented

Foreigner

Established Member
Around 23 dead, so far.

I made one trip to Karachi in 2006 during Gen. Musharaf's time. Saw him in person. I left impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle7153