Just for fun. Insane photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the S26 Wi-Fi Smart Plug you can easily convert your existing appliances into smart devices to be controlled remotely with your phone.

Takes just minutes to setup!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
straitman said:
... or maybe the runway starts just out of photo. :confused:
Or maybe someone else like playing around with Photoshop :rolleyes: .

Ari Gold

I've lost count of how many times I've tried to perfect my landing at Princess Juliana in Flight Simulator X using the A380 :D

JohnK

Veteran Member
Insane photo or insane people....

SeaWolf

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum

simongr

Enthusiast
Ahh - Gibraltar brings back interesting memories - the runway is hilarious. What that picdoesnt show is that the runway virtually bisects the rock - water at both ends!

Altair

Well from the photo it looks as if there is quite a bit of wind, (see the palms), also there might be water as there are dark spots on the tarmac. The plane cleared the fence and has not touched down in the run-off areas marked by the yellow arrows. The pilot also looks to have flared a little more so there is not much further than say he did a good job.
Unlike sydbloke I have never walked away from an A380 landing here, tried it once and never came close to stopping, so I cannot be the definitive guide.

Edit to add: Remember Telstra Bigpond had an ad with a family on holiday on the beach with the KLM 747 landing right over them? Ad was about using the net to research your next holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.