JQ booking made through QF

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by jaxjax, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. jaxjax

jaxjax Junior Member

Oct 17, 2006
    I've made a made a mixed JQ/QF booking through QF and I've been trying to get onto the Jetstar site to preselect a seat, however it won't let me on. I put the JQ PNR in the Skylights engine and it keeps returning the following error:

Any ideas why? Or are Jetstar just lazy in how QF bookings are handled in their systems?

Cheers,

jaX

2. d15.in.oz

d15.in.oz Member

Nov 28, 2006
    #2 d15.in.oz, Mar 23, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
    Yes, "lazy" is an excellent choice of words!

Earlier this month I had a mixed QF/JQ itinerary booked via the QF website, same issue. In my experience, no one at QF nor JQ wants to take “ownership” of these sorts of problems. Late last year, I sent a "test" email through to the QAN Executive General Manager Strategy (easy to figure out the QAN email addressing protocol), regarding similar issues – I received a responsive email from PG (“I’ll look into it…”etc) and nothing else ever eventuated!

Anyway, my take on the practicalities of the situation - if you have QFF status, you will be generously accommodated at check-in, even on a full flight! If not, prepare for a middle seat (bring on the no middle seat Embraers!) or call JQ now, and ask for an “over the phone allocation…"

It is somewhat depressing to think that customers, like you, have a better handle on JQ system issues than the airline itself!