Jetstar offshoot to take off overseas | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Jetstar offshoot to take off overseas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yada Yada

Established Member
heraldsun.news.com.au said:
Jetstar offshoot to take off overseas
John Masanauskas
29 Mar 06

JETSTAR'S planned international offshoot will launch from Melbourne airport in November, but Avalon could also get overseas flights.

Jetstar chief executive Alan Joyce said yesterday the cut-price airline would announce details of its international services in June. Mr Joyce would not reveal destinations, but said it was likely Jetstar International would fly to leisure spots such as Bali, Phuket, Ho Chi Minh City and some Pacific areas.

From 2011, JI is expected to add North American and European destinations to its schedule, using new ultra-efficient Boeing 787 aircraft recently ordered by parent Qantas.

More...
I'm not sure if the journalist's abbreviation "JI" is appropriate, especially given that the airline will be flying to Bali. :shock:

NM

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
So do we read HNL into "some Pacific areas"?

NM

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
Yup, and NZ :(
JQ already do that. I wonder if NAN or PPT might also be in their radar for JQ International?

Kiwi Flyer

NM said:
Kiwi Flyer said:
JQ already do that. I wonder if NAN or PPT might also be in their radar for JQ International?
But is it currently JQ or JQ International? The latter I expect would use staff based in NZ thus lower costs than the former.

NM

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
But is it currently JQ or JQ International? The latter I expect would use staff based in NZ thus lower costs than the former.
Is NZ an international destination? or part of the Australian domestic network?

Technically, I understand that the entity known as Jetstar International is yet to commence operations, and will do so later this year with some A330-200 aircraft.

markis10

Veteran Member
NM said:
Kiwi Flyer said:
NAN might upset Air Pacific which is owned by Qantas to the tune of 46.5%, unless they need the cpacity elsewhere and can hand over some 737 routes to me marketed as codeshare.

Kiwi Flyer

NM said:
Kiwi Flyer said:
Is NZ an international destination? or part of the Australian domestic network?

Technically, I understand that the entity known as Jetstar International is yet to commence operations, and will do so later this year with some A330-200 aircraft.
Definitely international - for SC earn, promos, etc. :evil:

I was wondering if JQ would switch to JQI in respect of NZ?

mick

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but I just received this from Northwest Airlines:

Northwest Airlines said:
New gates to Asia are now open with Jetstar Asia

WorldPerks® members can now redeem miles on our new WorldPerks partner - Jetstar Asia. Starting at just 15,000 miles, WorldPerks award travel can now take you to even more destinations in Asia. Start planning your trip now.

Roundtrip Award Travel between Singapore and Award Redemption Level

Jakarta*, Phuket, Surabaya*
15,000 miles

Bangkok, Bali-Denpasar*, Hong Kong, Manila,
Phnom Penh, Siem Reap (Angkor Wat), Taipei, Yangon
20,000 miles

Bangalore, Kolkata
25,000 miles

*Flights operated by Valuair.
Interesting? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMT3011