Jetstar charges job applicants for an interview

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Yada Yada, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    It seems there is still a lot of competition out there for flight crew jobs.

2. bravoecho1

bravoecho1 Member

Sep 10, 2004
    OOL
    Yada Yada,

I totally agree. The name escape me but there is a recruitment company that now handles a number of airlines.

If memory serves me correctly, I think if you keep applying to QF there is also a fee, but don't quote me on that.

3. drron

drron Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2002
    Sunshine Coast
    Part of the fee is for a personality test.So if they find one you miss out?

4. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    If they find one and it's grumpy, you are sent to the Qantas HR department. :eek: :mrgreen:

5. N860CR

N860CR Established Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Brisbane & Sydney
    If they find one, and its grumpy, rude and lacking totally in any customer focus - then you're offered the job!

6. bigjobs

bigjobs Active Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Does anyone know the name of the personality assessment that is used in this process?

7. Commuter

Commuter Active Member

Jun 14, 2006
    If I recall correctly, Ryanair was charging pilot applicants £50 just to lodge an application. They might still be doing that too :-|

8. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    You need to pay jetstar for the privilige of applying for a job with them. :confused:

What a nice little money spinner that could become for jetstar. Hire the people they need but then continue to advertise for positions that do not exist. No need to fly passengers to make money but entice potential flight attendants to apply for a job regularly.

9. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I think this article is at least a little beat up against Jetstar.

Many employers pass on costs for various expenses related to job applications. (And no I'm not talking about certain jobs where they're happy to fly you around the world for interviews)

I agree that certain payments should not have to be made until the employee is offered a job (eg the Security check) and I think other payments should be bourne by Jetstar (eg the Psych check) rather than the applicant, but unfortunately that's the world we live in...