Jetconnect Excess Baggage Charge | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Jetconnect Excess Baggage Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle

Hi

I'm hoping someone will have the answer here. What is the excess baggage charge for Jetconnect (NZ domestic CHC to AKL)?

I can't decide whether to take:

1. Air NZ $99 (with additional free 10kg allowance for my snowboard)

or

2. Jetconnect/Qantas $99 (comes with FF points)

Thanks.

N860CR

AFF Supporter
I'd imagine the excess charge would far exceed the value of 1000 frequent flyer points, however that would depend on how enforceable it is. Can't comment from experience unfortunatley.

kyle

I'm not even sure if the 1000 points applies to Jetconnect???

The other unknown is, I don't know how much my regular baggage will weigh.

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Yeah the 1000 point minimum does apply for Domestic NZ flights.

My recollection (but I'm not sure) is that the NZ excess charge is the same as the $A one but in $NZ.

Never had any experience with it though, and knowing the way Qantas treats NZ, perhaps the International excess fees apply!! I'm sure someone here knows for sure - otherwise I'm sure Qantas would be able to help if you called.

Dave Noble

kyle said:
Yes I realize that it's included in the std allowance, but on the excess baggage page, it doesn't mention anything about NZ domestic.
To get the precise figure, you need to call Qantas and ask them; how much over 20Kg will you be?

Dave

Altair

My experience was that NZ were quite strict on the excess baggage if over 22 kg, I am not including the 10kg sporting goods thing, and they have introduced a computer system that is supposed to force the check in agent to charge it, and would be calculated on the excess from 20kg not 22 kgs.
QF NZ I have never had a problem but that could have been due to status and the unofficial 5kgs grace that QF seem to give.

Evan

Established Member
Status and business check in seems to make a huge difference, no issues at all when i checked in on CX over weight the other day, and on the return on DragonAir as well, over weight by a fair amount but Business checking and OW status i am guessing saved me since i saw them speaking to other economy passangers about it.

E

kyle

Just got off the phone with 'Peter' from the Qantas Contact Centre. He said it's the same as AU domestic flights, $22 per bag up to 32kg...

Question now is... what's 1000 points worth?

Kiwi Flyer

kyle said:
Just got off the phone with 'Peter' from the Qantas Contact Centre. He said it's the same as AU domestic flights, $22 per bag up to 32kg...

By themselves F all. With sufficient other points, I can get at least 5c per point.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
kyle said:
Value of points is different for everybody. Once you have enough points somewhere between 1c and 2c per point for most awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Letiha

Currently Active Users