Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

JetAbroad - how does this scam work?

ramamba

Just guessing, but I would imagine many OTAs run on razor thin margins and survive on volume and some of them sketchy/limited support. If there are a tsunami of cancellations around the place over the coming quarter then I expect the cash-flow cupboard will run bare and one or more may go under.

From a vague memory, there are reports elsewhere on AFF of a different OTA that went under where passengers hadn't been ticketed and refused boarding by the airlines.
Interesting theory that will be interesting to watch how it plays out.

And you are probably thinking about BestJet that collapsed in Dec 2018.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

j3jjsjs

I want to wrap this up - ultimately I did receive the tickets, they did work, and despite the communication issues, all flights went ahead as expected. Contrary to what I wrote above, I would buy tickets through this company again, if I felt sure I wouldn't need any changes or to cancel.

Spongbob

Established Member
I want to wrap this up - ultimately I did receive the tickets, they did work, and despite the communication issues, all flights went ahead as expected. Contrary to what I wrote above, I would buy tickets through this company again, if I felt sure I wouldn't need any changes or to cancel.
Good to see an OP concluding the story. And nice to know it was all OK.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasedinBrisbane