Jet Star/ Star Class

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by bradsle, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. bradsle

bradsle Newbie

Dec 27, 2006
    I have never flown them so can anyone tell me the config of the star class cabin and an opinion of the seat?

2. superchris

superchris Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Melbourne
  3. littl_flier

littl_flier Active Member

May 1, 2007
    Brisbane
    In summary, the seats are similar to the seats on QF Domestic Business Class, just covered in leather. As for meals, you will get economy meals for free and have unlimited access to drinks. You also get the comfort pack etc.

They're certainly not like J class on most other international airlines, more of a Premium Economy.

4. ANstar

ANstar Active Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Sydney
    I'd even go a step further and say they ar enot like economy meals on other airlines. They are quite stingy with portion size and the quality is not all that great.

5. littl_flier

littl_flier Active Member

May 1, 2007
    Brisbane
    Yeah, completely agree. The rice noodles looked revolting and the main served about two hours out of Bangkok was a cheap pie with some sauce. Certainly didn't rate to NZ's food.

6. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    You get what you pay for :!:

In this case, not much. :rolleyes:

7. Va Bene

Va Bene Intern

Oct 16, 2006
    MEL
    I had a MEL-BKK *class as Y was booked out with Qantas. Extra SC were welcomed as it is equivalent to J with QF (that is where the similarities end!) and certainly more room than Y on QF.
    Negatives were the food quality, not sure about leather seats for 8hrs and the AV system has to balance on your lap which is a pain especially during meals as prev reported. Nothing major though.
    Serfty's report has some good info on seat selection and I would only add that you should get an aisle seat as when the seats are fully reclined in front it's pretty difficult to climb over/around the armrest with the fixed drink tray and the pitch of the seats.

8. ANstar

ANstar Active Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Sydney
    The seat is ok, but not great for sleeping, but more than adequate for a dayflight...

The food is average but service is ok. The big seller is that you get J SC's.

Now if I was only offered Full Y SC's for Star Calss and I had the option of Virgin or BA WT+, I would choose the latter.

But until it changes (I assume it will with QF introudcing Y+) then it is a good option