Jan 2016 Perth to Ushuaia, Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirstyoz

Intern
Hi AFF geniuses
I have a challenge for you. Hubby and I want to travel to Ushuaia in January 2016 (for this Trips - Antarctica - Wildlife Photography with Alex Cearns ) from Perth. I just exhausted all our award miles (in QF and AA) to book a trip to Scotland in March next year.
Is there any way we can somehow acquire miles with a relevant airline to try and book this for both of us in J? I know nothing is guaranteed... just is there no hope or do I have a shot somewhere?
I'm completely lost... the main carrier options seem to be Qatar and Qantas.
I'm just off to see if I can book this through AA/ UA with points (that I dont yet have).
Any thoughts are welcome!
cheers

We've Increased Our Flying to 30 Destinations Across Australia. Book With Us Today. Change Your Flight, Fee-Free and As Often As You Like for Travel up to 30 Apr 22*. Contactless Check-in. Special Safety Protocols. New Cleaning Practices. Online Check-in.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

drron

Veteran Member
Solutions
Best bet is via Avianca life miles.
AA really is no chance as the redemption can only be done at 330 days out.QFF members will snaffle any J awards before then.There are no AA J awards to SCL in the next 12 months.A few Y awards.
On Avianca there is even J awards for the coming January.SAA-PER-JNB-GRU then Turkish GRU-EZE.Shouldn't caost too much from there.
Cost 73000 miles + $US1455 for 2 J awards one way.
If not a member join up now in case they have one of their 100% bonus miles when buying points.
So for return will probably cost~ $3000 each.But seeing even in low season a QF Y return ticket to SCL would cost ~$2000 that looks a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..