Issues with Bpay Payments to Westpac Cards - Delayed

deluxeflyer

Hello All
Has anyone experienced delays Bpay payments to Westpac cards ?
Bpay payments used to be reflected in my card account overnight, but say about a year or so ago, it all changed, and the payments would not show for 3 days. When the payments did show up, they were dated the date when the payments were originally made.
None of my cards from other issuers have this problem.
Requests to Westpac to explain this change only induce hair pulling reactions and you know the usual gobbledygook.
Would really appreciate anyone's experiences with Westpac.
Also their wait times on priority lines are anything but priority.
Cheers.

I’ve not had any issues. Usually BPay from a Westpac account though- not sure if that’s an issue.

I recall Macquarie said they’d withhold BPay deposits to their cash management account for 3 days - presumably so the funds would clear. Assuming that’s the case with Westpac.

Which bank are you paying from?

Does it matter? The t and c of
Bpay ensure that it is accepted as being paid on the day you transact it, regardless of when it appears in the account

I have recently acquired a Westpac credit card and have used a non westpac bank account to pay off the balance via bpay and it hit the westpac credit card account the next day.

I’ve not had any issues. Usually BPay from a Westpac account though- not sure if that’s an issue.

I recall Macquarie said they’d withhold BPay deposits to their cash management account for 3 days - presumably so the funds would clear. Assuming that’s the case with Westpac.

Which bank are you paying from?
It's BPay payments to Westpac card accounts, not from a Westpac account.

Does it matter? The t and c of
Bpay ensure that it is accepted as being paid on the day you transact it, regardless of when it appears in the account
It matters because Westpac phone agents keep telling me the payments are pending and not completed until 3 business days after the transaction.
And I keep getting reminders I haven't paid the statement amount and I get charged the late fee and then it is reversed.
It also matters when you are juggling payments and credit limits and you need the payment to reflect the next day so that you can put more charges through.

I have recently acquired a Westpac credit card and have used a non westpac bank account to pay off the balance via bpay and it hit the westpac credit card account the next day.
Thanks for the info...so that is different from my experience.
It must be said that Westpac used to reflect Bpay payments overnight, up until about 2 years ago maybe, and I've been doing this for 15 years. No-one at Westpac can explain to me why this changed, or maybe they don't want to. They keep regurgitating that you must allow 3 days for the payments to come through.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back