Is there a credit card that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulZ

Hi,

I am looking for a credit card (visa/mastercard) that earns reasonable points, that is at least 1 qantas point per dollar spent, and allows me to have more than one supplementary cardholder... any ideas???

I know ANZ will, but of course, their points system is screwed...

I dont care what the fee is, i just want 3 cards on the one account...

Thanks for any assistance...

Paul Z

can i ask why you feel the anz point scheme is screwed? i was thinking of going there for a visa card.

and to answer your original quesition i don't know of any, i am sure others here will though.

Thanks

PaulZ said:
Hi,

I am looking for a credit card (visa/mastercard) that earns reasonable points, that is at least 1 qantas point per dollar spent, and allows me to have more than one supplementary cardholder... any ideas???

Paul Z
PaulZ, It does not meet your criteria of having "3 cards on the one account", however the simplest one at the moment appears to be the Woolworths Ezy Mastercard. It has a fee of $39 PA with one additional card at no extra charge.

Perhaps you could get one with an additional card for yourself + another account for the third person for a total cost of $78PA. ;)

bigjobs said:
can i ask why you feel the anz point scheme is screwed? i was thinking of going there for a visa card.

and to answer your original quesition i don't know of any, i am sure others here will though.

Thanks

I would recommend getting a Woolworths EzyBanking MasterCard. It costs $39p.a. and will give you 1 point which equals 1 QF point, and it is unlimited.

Here is why ANZ is screwed...

Silver (Blue) Card:

Earning points
In any monthly statement cycle you earn the following points on purchases made using your Classic Card (excluding cash equivalent transactions):
-One point for every dollar up to $1,500 spent.
-One point for every two dollars over $1,500 spent, up to and including a maximum monthly spend of $5,000.

Gold Card:

Earning points
In any monthly statement cycle you earn the following points on purchases made using your Gold Card (excluding cash equivalent transactions):
-One point for every dollar up to $2,500 spent.
-One point for every two dollars over $2,500 spent, up to and including a maximum monthly spend of $10,000.

The annual fees are also high...
Blue Card $95 + $65 for each additional
Gold Card $150 + $65 for each additional

So unless you spend <$1500 or <$2500 (Gold) per month, and are willing to pay the rediculous fees, then join ANZ.. or get a better deal at Woolworths (note they do take a month for the application process... but the benefits make it all worthwhile)

PaulZ

serfty said:
PaulZ said:
Hi,

Paul Z
PaulZ, It does not meet your criteria of having "3 cards on the one account", however the simplest one at the moment appears to be the Woolworths Ezy Mastercard. It has a fee of $39 PA with one additional card at no extra charge.

Perhaps you could get one with an additional card for yourself + another account for the third person for a total cost of $78PA. ;)

Hi Serfty,

Yes i agree that the Woolworths card is extremely good value... but at the moment i have the CBA Platinum, 2 Ezy Card Accounts, and an AMEX Platinum Credit Card...

I want to streamline things to make it easier with only two statements a month, the amex and a visa/mastercard... the CBA Platinum will have to go... because i spend way more than $100,000 or $150,000 whatever the new limit is...

I just dont understand why the other banks recognise that cough.. if we allow extra cards on an account... and charge them for it... we make more money... I know ANZ certainly realises this... and they are the only one to offer multiple cards...

I am also investigating Business Visa/Mastercards... The ANZ one gives 1 point per $1.50... and i dont know if they can be transferred to QF... but regardless... the earn rate isnt good enough...

Anyone else have any ideas... I would be most appreciative.

PaulZ said:

I think the Citibank Platinum credit card might fit the bill for you - apparently, you can link up to four (4) additional cards on the one primary card account. The points are capped at 120,000 points p.a.

I'm not a huge fan of Citibank (I've found their customer service to be below par), but others have been more fortunate in their dealings with them.

Take a look at their website at www.citibank.com.au and see if it suits you.

PaulZ said:
I want to streamline things to make it easier with only two statements a month, the amex and a visa/mastercard... the CBA Platinum will have to go... because i spend way more than $100,000 or $150,000 whatever the new limit is...

I lot of people would love to have this problem :!: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

PaulZ said:
Hi Serfty,

Yes i agree that the Woolworths card is extremely good value... but at the moment i have the CBA Platinum, 2 Ezy Card Accounts, and an AMEX Platinum Credit Card...

Or you could keep the CBA Plat and get the Citibank Plat card to ensure your spending is earning you points.

Edit: fixed info

straitman said:
PaulZ said:

I lot of people would love to have this problem :!: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Don't get excited... it is my businesses expenditure...

However, I have found a card that seems to fit the bill...

The St George/Bank SA Private Bank has a Platinum Visa card which will give me 1:1 unlimited... I think that is the way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back