is there a cap on withdrawals from Citi debit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carls888

HI
we will be in Italy in a month and I need to pay for our accommodation in cash on arrival.

I can either take a large sum with me from Australia or withdraw euro once we hit FCO in Rome. I will need to take out $2000euro.

Is there a max daily withdrawal? I don't want to hit Rome and have to manage money woes with jet lag/tiredness/two children.

Thanks.

https://www.citibank.com.au/mcfaqs/views/pdf/PIN_Security_FINAL.pdf

Daily Withdrawal Limits Citibank Debit Card $1,000 - includes all withdrawals and purchases made when you enter a PIN through ATM or EFTPOS. Your daily withdrawal limit is the maximum amount you can withdraw each day. These limits apply to all accounts (including Loans products) which are linked to your Debit Card. The daily withdrawal limit applies to all cash withdrawals and purchases however, these limits do not apply if you choose the ‘credit’ option or use contactless payment method. A different limit may apply if you request (or have previously requested) to change it. For more information, please visit citibank.com.au/dailylimits

Though if you get a Citiplus per adult, you will multiply your $1000 by that amount. ie My wife and I have one each.

So if there are 2 adults, unless you successfully apply for a higher limit, you will need to take enough cash for the balance, or ask the accommodation of you can pay 2/3 up front.

Thank you so much. I was searching for that information! I think I will take the euro we need and then withdraw cash as we go for general travel, that way I can relax and know all is well.

We could only get a maximum of around CA$380 per transaction in Whistler in the last 3 weeks. It looked like the local ATMs had a CA$400 limit, and we had to stay under that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back