IS QF73 A 2 OR 3 CLASS FLIGHT? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

IS QF73 A 2 OR 3 CLASS FLIGHT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maca44

AFF Supporter
I am booked a J class on QF73 SYD - SFO for Wednesday 30th August 2006, and when I look up the that flight on Travelocity I receive "Qantas Airways Flight 73 First Class not available Business Class 1:25pm Sydney, Australia (SYD) 9:45am San Francisco, CA (SFO) 13hrs 20min - Nonstop".

Then when I check KVS it shows R4 A4 F4, which I assume means there is at least 4 seats in first class. I am somewhat confused and would like to know whether it is a three or 2 class flight.
Thanks

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I see F9 for that flight... (Amongst other seats!).The map shows no-one in the F cabin, and up to 11 in the J cabin.

Suggest it is a 3 class as per Dave's comment.

NM

Flights
My Map
Maca44 said:
Then when I check KVS it shows R4 A4 F4 ....
Note that with Qantas, R is a discount economy class bucket, not first class. Qantas flist class is F, P, A and Z.

Maca44

AFF Supporter
Thanks for your assistance. The reason I wanted to know is I had already pre-allocated my seat in a 3 class config, and would have changed if a 2 class. Thanks again.

BlacKnox

NM said:
Maca44 said:
Note that with Qantas, R is a discount economy class bucket, not first class. Qantas flist class is F, P, A and Z.
Care to elaborate NM (or others) so I can update the abbreviations thread? Are P & Z award or upgrade classes? Cheers!

Dave Noble

BlacKnox said:
NM said:
Maca44 said:
Care to elaborate NM (or others) so I can update the abbreviations thread? Are P & Z award or upgrade classes? Cheers!
Z is an award class

Dave

NM

Flights
My Map
P is basically the same as F on QF. P used to be used for "Premium" First Class as a differentiator from other F products in a similar way to what AA did to differentiate their domestic trans-continental FlagShip First Class service (was booked in P) from their standard 2-class domestic F.

However, that is historical now. AA no longer use P for that purpose and in fact now use it for YUPP bookings. QF still retain P for paid F cabin seats, but generally only sold in the USA market. Think of P as the same as F on Qantas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justtravellin'