IS QF73 A 2 OR 3 CLASS FLIGHT?

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Maca44, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Maca44

Maca44 Established Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Sydney
    I am booked a J class on QF73 SYD - SFO for Wednesday 30th August 2006, and when I look up the that flight on Travelocity I receive "Qantas Airways Flight 73 First Class not available Business Class 1:25pm Sydney, Australia (SYD) 9:45am San Francisco, CA (SFO) 13hrs 20min - Nonstop".

Then when I check KVS it shows R4 A4 F4, which I assume means there is at least 4 seats in first class. I am somewhat confused and would like to know whether it is a three or 2 class flight.
    Thanks

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Its a 3 class flight

Dave

3. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I see F9 for that flight... (Amongst other seats!).The map shows no-one in the F cabin, and up to 11 in the J cabin.

Suggest it is a 3 class as per Dave's comment.

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Note that with Qantas, R is a discount economy class bucket, not first class. Qantas flist class is F, P, A and Z.

5. Maca44

Maca44 Established Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Sydney
    Thanks for your assistance. The reason I wanted to know is I had already pre-allocated my seat in a 3 class config, and would have changed if a 2 class. Thanks again.

6. BlacKnox

BlacKnox Active Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Care to elaborate NM (or others) so I can update the abbreviations thread? Are P & Z award or upgrade classes? Cheers!

7. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Z is an award class

Dave

8. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    P is basically the same as F on QF. P used to be used for "Premium" First Class as a differentiator from other F products in a similar way to what AA did to differentiate their domestic trans-continental FlagShip First Class service (was booked in P) from their standard 2-class domestic F.

However, that is historical now. AA no longer use P for that purpose and in fact now use it for YUPP bookings. QF still retain P for paid F cabin seats, but generally only sold in the USA market. Think of P as the same as F on Qantas.