Is it worth $120 for a flexi from PER to BNE | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Is it worth $120 for a flexi from PER to BNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

djchuckles

Plan is to pay the extra, so can use a comp upgrade (Assuming availability)

That leg is $120 than the saver. Worth it? I've never flown that route, but with it being a longer flight, I imagine J is pretty good?

wannabeinvestmentbanker

Flights
My Map
I haven't personally flown the route but PER-BNE is renowned for having 737s which means a much less comfortable journey in all classes.
I would recommend trying to route through MEL or SYD to get the better quality J for a comp upgrade. Flexi fares to OOL are good value ex PER and you could trying calling up to see if you can use the upgrade only on the PER-SYD sector.
In saying this, Flexis to OOL are more than $120 more expensive than savers but still cheaper than direct PER-BNE flights.

kalboy

Also on a Flexi you will earn Status credits at the higher rate. 20 extra credits for 120 bucks isn't bad.

djchuckles

So 73H is a 737 right?

I was only going to go via Perth because it was slightly better times (all be it a longer flight) and so I could test out their J

Will probably end up HND-SIN-BNE instead

djchuckles

Related question - on the VA marketed but SIA operated flights - if I book though VA, could I transfer some miles to SIA and upgrade with points?

Solid

Even if a 737 $120 is worth it if you are sure you can get to J on that flight.

djchuckles

Thanks - think will ask Virgin to check availability as i'm booking to ensure i can upgrade, Would hate to pay $120 extra, take a longer route, and just end up in Y :)

yohy?!

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Related question - on the VA marketed but SIA operated flights - if I book though VA, could I transfer some miles to SIA and upgrade with points?
Don't think so, you would need to be on SQ ticket to upgrade via KF

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Daver6

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
If going PER to OOL via SYD for example, does the comp upgrade include both sectors or just one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ackland1975