IPad Pro 12.9 inch and note taking with Apple Pencil - opinions | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

IPad Pro 12.9 inch and note taking with Apple Pencil - opinions

Quickstatus

Hi all - would like some opinions about IPadPro 12.9 and note taking with Apple Pencil. The note taking app is "Notability".

Migrating from paper
Backup to dropbox

thegurio

Flights
My Map
Not sure if this is what you are after, but I do have a 12.9" iPad and a Pencil...

Personally I use GoodNotes, as it syncs between my iPhone and Mac... It's really good, and I love the different colours, and the ease of operation... It's very natural to use, as you can effectively lay all across the screen and it won't respond. Best of all, you can back it up to DropBox/Evernote/OneNote (I think?) and most other programs.

Quickstatus

Is the apple pencil lag free?
One of the problems with One Note is the latency using apple pencil. Have not tried Good note or notability.
Most reviews recommend those two well.

Is note taking using ipadpro a true productivity tool or more a gimmick? - Planning this for uni student in family

yohy?!

Established Member
Flights
My Map
tried it out in the apple store when I was considering it vs the Samsung Tab Pro S

the pencil is very nice for navigating but I didn't find it particularly ergonomic/practical for note taking

I use the iPadPro and the Apple Pencil. Works really well for me. I just use Evernote for everything but will give Good note or Notability a go myself. Thanks for the tip.

jamesatfish

I use Notability with an Apple Pencil on the smaller iPad Pro.

For general note taking it works well, my only grievances are:

* When adding drawings / annotations next to typed notes the drawings don’t flow with the text. If I add more text at the top of the note then the text flows down but the drawings stay in the same spot, so they’re not next to the relevant text any more.

* The erase tool erases the whole of the line you drew, even if you’re just trying to erase part of the line. Annoying if you drew something complex but just overran at the end and just wanted to tidy up the loose tail.

* This isn’t necessarily a Notability-specific issue, but I often use split-screen to work on a document and use Notability to make notes in the small section of the screen. When I go to review the notes later they’re scaled up to the full width of an A4 sheet making them far less useful.

Those gripes aside, I haven’t found a better note taking combination for the iPad yet.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Life as a Road Warrior – AIR028
    Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:36:07 AEDT
      Ever wondered what it's like to be a road warrior, flying from Melbourne to Sydney every week or internationally multiple times each month? On this episode, AFF member "Sp ...
  • Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dshifke88