Incorrect information you've been given by Qantas Contact Centre | Page 7 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Incorrect information you've been given by Qantas Contact Centre

sbor90

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Calling to book classic award on NU22 MMY-HND. QF website doesn't support booking to/from MMY but space showing on BA/JL.

Operator 1: Not available
Operator 2: Not available
Operator 3: Not available
Operator 4: Not available
Operator 5: Not available, can we look at an alternative route?
Me: Sure, MMY-OKA on NU552, 556, 558 or 560 (all showing availability on BA/JL also)
Operator 5: Oh hey, there's space on NU22....

Vic

SMS help accessed while in the USA about getting row 4 on a domestic flight on my returning booking. IRROPS mean that I have multiple cancelled flights in the booking, and so cannot do seat selection.

Advice - "It just so happens that row 4C is for service dog"

But it's showing open on Expert Flyer. So I questioned this and got the following:

"If we select that seat for you , the airport staff will rearrange eventually"
"You may check in 24 hours prior"
"Alright I'll request 4C" Keep in mind seats are bound to change due to security purposes"

I'm surprised they didn't tell me it was a fire hazard.

In fairness, this is probably a US based agent. I tried to tell them Australia doesn't do service animals.
In over 1000 australian domestic flights I've seen 2 guide dogs.

Must...Fly!

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
There is no 'rule'.
It just won't work as airline tickets have an expiry of one year. That's how airline ticketing works, no matter what airline (that uses etkts). Jetstar, AirAsia, Scoot are examples of airlines who don't use e-tickets.

You may be able to book it, but I can tell you with 100% certainty, when the time comes to take your flight in Feb 2021, your ticket will be 'void' or 'expired'. Booking will be there, but the flights you won't be able to take.
I got to dig deeper into this, not doubting you but because it has horrible implications.

My first ticket was issued in August 2019.

I now have flights in May 2020 and December 2020 on this ticket. You're saying that come August 2020, my ticket will expire and I can't board my flights in December 2020? What's the solution to this? And I've spoken to Qantas 9 times and nobody brought this up.
Nobody brought it up because it's wrong information. Check condition 6.2 of the CoC.

albatross710

Established Member
Via online access, one of my 4 USA flights is now greyed out and stamped with "OLD FLIGHT". Better ask QF Chat about that

Qantas chat message:
Take 1: "Your flight is still available and going to schedule"

well that's great, why is it grey?

Take 2: "That flight was changed and you will be book (sic) a new flights as soon as possible"

With the grammar and the problems I think this will be a #fail

As for feedback, it's important that all callers leave feedback scores so that the message gets through the algorithms. If Manila always scores 1-2 then that's got to show something to someone.

Barnaby1

Flights
My Map
Via online access, one of my 4 USA flights is now greyed out and stamped with "OLD FLIGHT". Better ask QF Chat about that

Qantas chat message:
Take 1: "Your flight is still available and going to schedule"

well that's great, why is it grey?

Take 2: "That flight was changed and you will be book (sic) a new flights as soon as possible"

With the grammar and the problems I think this will be a #fail

As for feedback, it's important that all callers leave feedback scores so that the message gets through the algorithms. If Manila always scores 1-2 then that's got to show something to someone.
I cancelled my Qantas OneWorld Reward booking on 5th Nov. '19. The consultant said she would refund the taxes et. total of AU$1415.81 on that day. To cut a long story short, I have still not received my refund three and a half months later, despite many hours of phone calls, emails and using that useless Qantas Text facility!
Qantas Customer Care et al keep on advising me to contact Reservations, and they will handle my issue. Reservations, in turn, keep on advising me that they can see that the $1415.81 was reunded to my credit card on 5th November '19, but cannot tell me into which account the refund was applied. I only used the one credit card when I was progressively booking my itinerary, and there has been no sign of the refunded money!
My health has been affected by this drawn out chase for my money, and I have now handed it over to the Airline Customer Advocate for their involvement, where else can I go?

Daver6

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I cancelled my Qantas OneWorld Reward booking on 5th Nov. '19. The consultant said she would refund the taxes et. total of AU$1415.81 on that day. To cut a long story short, I have still not received my refund three and a half months later, despite many hours of phone calls, emails and using that useless Qantas Text facility!
Qantas Customer Care et al keep on advising me to contact Reservations, and they will handle my issue. Reservations, in turn, keep on advising me that they can see that the $1415.81 was reunded to my credit card on 5th November '19, but cannot tell me into which account the refund was applied. I only used the one credit card when I was progressively booking my itinerary, and there has been no sign of the refunded money!
My health has been affected by this drawn out chase for my money, and I have now handed it over to the Airline Customer Advocate for their involvement, where else can I go?
Call your credit card company and request a charge back.

clifford

Established Member
Call your credit card company and request a charge back.
That's exactly what I did a couple of years ago with Qatar (QR), when they gave me similar runaround.

AMEX refunded the money (a similar amount) within days, as I had copies of emails from QR stating that they had approved the refund.

tuesday_

I called a few weeks ago to claim some missing points because the form wasn't working on the website. I spoke to someone who patiently took all of the details for the six flights I was claiming, told me it would be 3-5 business days before the points would show up.

Eight days later, the points (but more importantly, the SCs) had not arrived. Called back (form still wasn't working), and was told by the operator that no claim had been submitted, and there was no history of the call on the account. She took all of the details again, gave me a confirmation number, and the points arrived by COB.

stoney

Intern
Flights
My Map
Calling to book classic award on NU22 MMY-HND. QF website doesn't support booking to/from MMY but space showing on BA/JL.

Operator 1: Not available
Operator 2: Not available
Operator 3: Not available
Operator 4: Not available
Operator 5: Not available, can we look at an alternative route?
Me: Sure, MMY-OKA on NU552, 556, 558 or 560 (all showing availability on BA/JL also)
Operator 5: Oh hey, there's space on NU22....
I admire your persistence and tenacity, it looks like you are a very patient person. It is insane management to ask customers to go through this amount of torture. If the website was upgraded to handle current needs than this sort of nonsense would happen.

sbor90

Established Member
Flights
My Map
I admire your persistence and tenacity, it looks like you are a very patient person.
Thankfully, being WP means that hold times aren't too bad - generally under 3 minutes if calling at the right time of day (and no impending weather/virus disaster.)

Knowing the availability does exist is probably what gives me motivation to keep trying - but the most frustrating part is needing to repeat the initial spiel of "I need to book XYZ and this is why I can't do it on the website", then being treated like an idiot because the operator always acts like the QF website is without fault and it must be user error.

Many reps will initially insist that all bookable space is displayed on the website, only for me to prove them wrong after insisting they look it up through both their GDS and then try look it up on the website. This is generally the only way to get the booking fee waived, but it's also amusing to listen to their reactions when they realise they were in the wrong 🙃

stoney

Intern
Flights
My Map
Thankfully, being WP means that hold times aren't too bad - generally under 3 minutes if calling at the right time of day (and no impending weather/virus disaster.)

Knowing the availability does exist is probably what gives me motivation to keep trying - but the most frustrating part is needing to repeat the initial spiel of "I need to book XYZ and this is why I can't do it on the website", then being treated like an idiot because the operator always acts like the QF website is without fault and it must be user error.

Many reps will initially insist that all bookable space is displayed on the website, only for me to prove them wrong after insisting they look it up through both their GDS and then try look it up on the website. This is generally the only way to get the booking fee waived, but it's also amusing to listen to their reactions when they realise they were in the wrong 🙃
A little experience and WP must help and I do like the lovely little "GDS" which instantly alerts the operator to "this guy knows what he is talking about".:D

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFEP