IC Sydney - How would you respond?

Discussion in 'IHG Rewards Club' started by james1, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. james1

james1 Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Sydney
    Email from IC Sydney today related to a two night stay next weekend, 24-26 May.

How would you respond?

Dear Mr .....

Upon reviewing your reservations, you have confirmed a King Deluxe Eastern Harbour view room and Twin Opera House view room. As an Ambassador you are entitled for an guaranteed upgrade however we do not have any further rooms to upgrade you from these room category. For one of the rooms I have dicounted the rate by $25.00 for your stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you require further assistance. We look forward to your stay.

Warm Regards,

Reservations Agent

INTERCONTINENTAL SYDNEY

117 Macquarie Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
    Direct Line: +61 2 9240 1200 Main Line: +61 2 9253 9000 Fax: +61 2 9240 1204
    Email: reservations@interconsydney.com InterContinental Sydney Hotel in Sydney, Australia

2. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD

Thats quite normal and they are sold out higher up, so normally they give you the rate difference between the room booked and the room below that in level, which is currently $27 a night

3. james1

james1 Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Sydney
    Thanks, that I did not know. The offered $25 discount per stay makes sense now as both bookings use AMB weekend certificates.

4. Paddy55

Paddy55 Established Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Sydney
    New Year before last ran into similar at IC Barclay New York, where we were staying for 5 nights
    Booked one bed suite and, because no 2 bed suite was available, we received $US75 per night discount. :)

I love the Barclay and this reinforced my feeling about their commitment to Customer Service

Makes the IC Sydney look cheap :shock:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Deewhy

Deewhy Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I had a similar situation. The alternative I was offered by phone was discount of a similar amount or brekky for all guests.

6. bass_ke

bass_ke Active Member

Sep 25, 2011
    OOL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Facebook:
    This is what IC Melbourne the Rialto offered me last time.

There's a big event on next weekend, I'm staying at the hi old Sydney just prior to the weekend and received an email saying it's going to be quite busy parking wise in and around the hotel, the IC seemed to be getting very full very early.

7. Ewing

Ewing Established Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Vivid opening perhaps?

Vivid Sydney - A Festival of Light, Music & Ideas