I have a couple of nooby questions re. Amex Qantas Discovery Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomtower14

I recently got this card, and basically have been using it for most things and just putting the money aside for the bill.

I don't know when the first bill will come, can anyone give me a rough idea when to expect it? I first used the card on the 4th of April and received it a few days before. It seems for the first statement I cannot pay early. I'll be off overseas in a week or so and don't want to forget to take care of it if it is due whilst away.

My next question is about the 44 days interest free period, is it 44 days from each purchase?

And finally, should the points earned with this card automatically appear as QFF points or do I need to manually transfer them over?

Thanks!

you can log in online and download a PDF statement. statements are sent monthly. points transferred automatically.

Use the amex website and set up a direct debit, problem solved. Otherwise call amex to find out when the statement will likely be issued.

Just call the 1300 number on the back of the card with any questions - I have always had excellent service from them on the phone.
Also notify them that you are travelling, when and where, if you intend using the card O/S.

Thanks for the replies.

I can't get the PDF due to not having previous billing activity.

I'll call them to ask a few questions and I'll also set up direct debit to be safe.

Thanks again!

Anyone know if we can pay AMEX bills at the self-service machines at Auspost?

My next question is about the 44 days interest free period, is it 44 days from each purchase?

It's up to 44 days interest free. All purchases in the same billing cycle will be due on the same day. Those billed earlier in the billing cycle will effectively have more interest free days than those billed at the end.

Say your billing cycle runs from the first of the month through to the end of the month. You'll receive a statement a few days after the end of your billing cycle (say the 4th of next month) it will be due, 14 days after the end of the billing cycle, that is the 14th of next month.

All purchases made during that billing cycle will be due on the 14th. Purchases you made at the start of it, will have had 44 days of interest free by the time it's due, and those made at the end will have had 14 days of interest free by the time it's due.

E.g.

Billing cycle 1/4/14 - 30/4/14, bill issued 3/5/14, bill due 14/5/14
Purchase on 1/4/14, due 14/5/14, 44 days interest free
Purchase on 10/4/14, due 14/5/14, 35 days interest free
Purchase on 28/4/14, due 14/5/14, 16 days interest free.
Purchase on 2/5/14, falls into the next billing cycle, will be due on about the 13th of June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back