https://getcreditscore.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

cove

Enthusiast
My score seems to have been lowered by putting large amounts thru credit cards each month even though I pay them to zero each month.
Funny thing is I do the same in the US and I am 40 points off perfect over there.

amaroo

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
My score seems to have been lowered by putting large amounts thru credit cards each month even though I pay them to zero each month.
Funny thing is I do the same in the US and I am 40 points off perfect over there.

The yanks let their people walk away from debt.

PLANT

Established Member
How many boxes on the website are required to be ticked?
The first and third?

PLANT

Established Member
Well have to tick first and third.
Used Passport and NOT IN SYSTEM??????
My friends are right...I'm out of this world ;)

jlien

Got curious and visitted the site again during lunchtime, it said down for maintenence (figures)
Came back about 20 mins ago and they've done some updates to the address field.

This time they were able to find me, and the score reported was one and the same as the one I get directly from veda.
Curiosity satisfied, won't need to go back again.

burmans

The website claims they do a "soft" check that doesn't change the score. Draw your own conclusions.

If you read the T&Cs you are authorising them to do this on your behalf (as the one per year check) so this is probably true (self checks don't appear on your report) but do you really want them having this info about you?

burmans

The US does have a working Comprehensive Credit Reporting system, we don't! Simple as that, Comprehensive Reporting is not yet in operation here in Australia.

ukh

I am in a similar situation - many cards, over $500,000 limit, all paid off every month.
It rated me as excellent (score 829) . Without knowing specific criteria used, the score means little.

Timtammi

I think the changes with the address searching did the trick, its found me now. Showing as excellent which is what I expected but you never know!

Beta4Me

Established Member
Interesting that my score with this is higher than my recently issued VedaScore. Go figure :S

Qantas
LT Silver
Hmm. 450.. Maybe I overdid the Westpac. Commonwealth Bank, Citibank, ANZ and Bankwest CC promos over the last 4 months? Still, half million FF points might be worth a stuffed credit rating?

Beta4Me

Established Member
Hmm. 450.. Maybe I overdid the Westpac. Commonwealth Bank, Citibank, ANZ and Bankwest CC promos over the last 4 months? Still, half million FF points might be worth a stuffed credit rating?
I hope you don't want major secured credit any time soon! :( I'm in the same boat, though, with 504. I wanted to get the max credit limits I could before the more comprehensive credit reporting kicks in fully (plus bonus points never hurt), so I have. That, combined with never having applied for any personal credit other than credit cards and the short history on my credit file due to age, has rested in my low score. It'll ascend over time though :)

DaveB

Far from perfect system with credit card limits and income levels having a heavy weighting over assets and card balance history.
Thought my rating was fair though bemused that the better half had a 40 odd point higher rating despite only earning income through the family trust's part ownership of our business in recent years.
Would highly recommend those running their own business (assuming they are going well) submit company financials every couple of years to D&B and Veda.

cove

Enthusiast
I am sitting here tonight with Mr 822. He did surprise us by saying 882 but we had a better look to see the real score. The score was a bit fuzzy after the champagne.

Sponsored Post

This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.

Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.

If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!

burmans

still rather vague. Does not explain to me why I did not get 700, or 1100....
Yeah, funnily enough credit scoring people are a bit funny like that. They dont give out information that can be used to game the system because history has told them that some people will just use it to, well, lets say game the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..