HSBC Platinum card additional card holder application run around

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttoth

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues with applying for an additional card on the HSBC Platinum card? I applied for the HSBC Platinum card for my partner as I do not meet the minimum income requirement and I would apply for an additional card to be on the account as we share our accounts. After 10 working days I called chasing the status of the card and they would not advise me as I was not the primary card holder. I told them that my partner signed the declaration on the form giving me the authorisation to discuss the account but they would not speak to me. I deal with all of our banking as my partner does a lot of mine work and shift work and does not like dealing with these issues but I got him to talk to them and they couldn't tell us anything other than e-mailing the additional card holder department to follow up and they would call early the following week. Of course they never did so my partner call the again another week later and they just said exactly the same thing. This was now a month and a half ago and still nothing, no card or call back I'm thinking the application has been lost!

I was very frustrated with this as I had reached my points cap on my CBA Platinum card and wanted a new card pretty quickly. I did not want to pay for another credit card but I had no choice, I decided to go for the Woolworths platinum card as we are looking at a visa or master card with a 1:1 earn rate without being too expensive but I just read on Qantas' website today that Macquarie bank have now put a cap on this card of $2,500 per month which I spend more than that a month. I don't seem to be able to win

We had a bit of a runaround when applying for Mrs andye as additional cardholder. She did the identity check at Australia Post and didn't hear anything for a couple of months-frustrating as she didn't have a points-earning Visa or Mastercard at the time. HSBC denied all knowledge of the application when we called and ended up doing it all again.

Having said that it was a pretty handy card-1 QFF/$ including uncapped ATO payments. When I first got the card it gave 1 bonus point/$ on QF spend too.
Service centre have been very good including spotting 2 fraudulent transactions very quickly. Website was a bit quirky but pretty reliable until updated recently.
The QC passes were a bonus; I gave away a couple to random flyers who seemed grateful.

I've shifted my points earn away from Qantas now and will let the card go soon but it was a good card for a while

Thank you for the feedback Andye :) I think we will look at retiring this card anyway as not having pay wave is driving my partner crazy, it's a feature he misses a lot. If they had pay pass I would apply again but now I'm interested in the Citibank signature card which has a 1:1 earn rate and is free for life at the moment if you have a really good credit score. Plus overseas transactions attract a 2.66:1 earn rate when transferring to velocity which we are member's of as well. I'm hoping they will extend their promotion as it hasn't been six months yet and don't want another enquiry on the credit file. My partner would have to apply as I don't meet the minimum income requirement for this card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back