Answered - HSBC Everyday Global Account | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered HSBC Everyday Global Account

theblank

Established Member
Anything in particular you didn't like about it? The ForEx rates?
I know someone woud ask this, DOH!

I think it was the fact that if there is only AUD in the account, and you spend overseas in USD, than its converted at the HSBC rate, not the Visa Daily rate.

I think this applies to the 10 currencies on the card. If its any other currency, then its converted at the Visa Daily rate.

To me this is just way tooo complicated, and the product description/terms, is really hard to follow. Plus when asking questions of the HSBS helpdesk (online messaging) they never answer the question you ask.

risaka

Flights
My Map
I've been using the Everyday Global card and it's been a good substitute to ING Orange Everyday.
I find it's better to pre-load the foreign currency first before you start making withdrawal/purchases otherwise you AUD will be converted at the HSBC 'non-live' rates. T

SeaWolf

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
They seem to have added an interesting new feature at some point...
Earn 2% cashback on tap and pay under $100
Earn up to $50 cashback each month on eligible purchases when you tap and pay with Visa payWave, Google Pay or Apple Pay under $100.
There's a few extra T&Cs, it has to be an AUD$ transaction within Australia and it doesn't work for Government transactions (including public transport).

I'm a bit curious about how this account compares to TransferWise in terms of the exchange rates. Is there any tool somewhere that shows you what the HSBC exchange rates would be if you converted currency within the account?

Mr_Orange

Established Member
Flights
My Map
They seem to have added an interesting new feature at some point...

There's a few extra T&Cs, it has to be an AUD$ transaction within Australia and it doesn't work for Government transactions (including public transport).

I'm a bit curious about how this account compares to TransferWise in terms of the exchange rates. Is there any tool somewhere that shows you what the HSBC exchange rates would be if you converted currency within the account?
Not that I have seen. My RM told me that generally the rates were not competitve with the likes of OFX and Transferwise but that he could request a 'price match' if I emailed him details of the rate offered elsewhere.

I haven't taken him up on the offer because it is much easier to just use OFX or Transferwise in the first place, especially given how quickly transfers settle.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Life as a Road Warrior – AIR028
    Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:36:07 AEDT
      Ever wondered what it's like to be a road warrior, flying from Melbourne to Sydney every week or internationally multiple times each month? On this episode, AFF member "Sp ...
  • Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dino123