How much for supplementary card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snufl

I have been looking at Citibank website and am considering their silver card to replace Ezy Mastercard. The $69 fee for 1:1 ff points looks good for me but I can't find the fee for a supplementary card. Anyone know? Many thanks.

Their computer deducts $15 for extra cards (with different card number so they are seperated on your statement), but internet banking states it's $10, so you call them and scream at them, then they will refund $5 a week later

snufl said:
I have been looking at Citibank website and am considering their silver card to replace Ezy Mastercard. The $69 fee for 1:1 ff points looks good for me but I can't find the fee for a supplementary card. Anyone know? Many thanks.

The annual fee for the primary Visa card is $69 as you have found on the Citibank website. Unfortunately, for the supplementary Visa card, CB charges a fee of $90. I rang them out of interest and to answer your query, snufl, and I asked twice - couldn't believe the answer the first time. I think this is a bit rich. $90 is what I pay for a supp Platinum CB card for my wife.

Last edited:
Robert Barlow said:
Unfortunately, for the supplementary card, CB charges a fee of $90.
Incorrect of course. Citibank's call center is always wrong. When was the last time they got something right?

$90 is what I pay for a supp Platinum CB card for my wife.

There you go. How can a silver card has the same fee as a platinum?

Thanks for your replies. I decided to phone them myself and was told $19 for a supplementary. $69+$19 = $88 so that doesn't explain the $90

Hmmmm is it 10, 15, 19, 90? Now I know why people complain about Citibank service. Maybe they draw it out of a hat. Anyway thanks so much for your replies. It was really nice of you to phone on my behalf. Shame I'm still in the dark.

Ignore the $19.

I just got into my Citibank internet banking, and let me quote

* A fee of $10 is applicable for an Additional Silver Card, $30 for an Additional Gold Card and $90 for an Additional Platinum Card. Additional Clear Cards are free

So you just wait for it to be listed on your monthly statement, then call them and abuse them, they will give you a refund.

I called them and told them about this misprint in January to get my refund, and it's now August, still there.

That's how hopeless Citibank is

Have a citibank product for two years or more and you will soon realise why so many people complain about them.

They are just painful and frustrating people to deal with.

You have to weigh up the advantages over their better points earning card compared with the problems you may have with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back