How many QFF points required for Global Explorer fare??

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Harrymc, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Harrymc

Harrymc Newbie

Nov 3, 2006
    Auckland
    Is anyone able to tell me how many Qantas FF points are required for the various tiers of the Global Explorer fare?
    I know that 140,000 points will get tier 1 but how many for tier 2??
    regards

2. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I don't think you can directly get a Global Explorer fare via points. Instead you need to get a "OneWorld Award" which you can travel up to 35000 miles in a return journey over the various OneWorld airlines. Frequent Flyer - Using Points - Award Flights - Points Tables

You could also get the individual flights priced up, but I'm pretty sure the OneWorld award would be the cheapest way.

BTW - welcome to AFF!

3. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Welcome to AFF!

As Mal has explained the 140,000 FF point zone10 OneWorld award allows a maximum of 5 stopovers and 35,000 miles. Of course there is nothing stopping you booking multiple Oneworld Awards, you will also need more FF points, if you needed more stopovers and mileage. eg You can book SYD-LHR via Asia with 5 stopovers and also book LHR-SYD via North America with 5 stopovers.

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Its all published on the QF FF web site. The last table on this page is for the OneWorld Awards.