How many pts for international flights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepe73

Hi everyone
Has anyone booked an international flight with altitude points? Is it easy? Are there any flights out of reach? The website does not explain clearly the process. I'm most frustrated with the qff as none of the flights i can use are available.
i'd like to read some experiences if anyone care to share them...
thank you

pepe73 said:
Hi everyone
Has anyone booked an international flight with altitude points? Is it easy? Are there any flights out of reach? The website does not explain clearly the process. I'm most frustrated with the qff as none of the flights i can use are available.
i'd like to read some experiences if anyone care to share them...
thank you

Have only ever booked domestic, which is painless enough (except the tax bit :) ) As far as I know you have to ring the service centre for international flights, and you should have acces sto any publicly available flight - as long as you have enough points you should be able to get it.

Yes I did 1 month ago for thailand in January 08.
I got the flights I wanted at a cheaper price than the travel agent.
However, I think that the altitudes reward program is expensive.
Given that 15,400 pts = $100 and the flight to Thailand is approx $1,500, this is = 231,000 altitude points. In dollar terms and if you are on the platinum card which gives 3 altitude points for evey $1 spent, a person would have to spend $77,000 to redeem that trip to thailand!!

Hi pepe73,

How did you go with booking your international flight with your Altitude points?

I finally didn´t get the card because the value points and money spent was much much lower than the freq flyer accounts

harryt1 said:
Yes I did 1 month ago for thailand in January 08.
I got the flights I wanted at a cheaper price than the travel agent.
However, I think that the altitudes reward program is expensive.
Given that 15,400 pts = $100 and the flight to Thailand is approx $1,500, this is = 231,000 altitude points. In dollar terms and if you are on the platinum card which gives 3 altitude points for evey $1 spent, a person would have to spend $77,000 to redeem that trip to thailand!!

No doubt that's why it was cheaper than the Travel Agent Harry.

TG

harryt1 said:
That sounds like a very expensive airfare to Thailand.

If Westpac Altitude points convert to QF at 2:1 then 231,000 points would have converted to 115,500 QFF points. So for another 4,500 QFF points and around $500 in taxes and surcharges you could have booked 2 return trips to Thailand!

Thats if a seat on qantas was available in January! That was my first option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Staff online

Back