How many pax can you take in with amex priority pass?

Just wondering how many people can you take in with amex platinum priority pass to Auckland strata lounge? I went through with three other adult children 6 dayes ago. I showed my priority pass card. Also showed my sons supplementary amex plat. The woman said it was ok and we all went through.

Now I’ve been wacked with $64 usd charge on amex. Can someone clarify what their understanding of this is. At no point did the lounge woman say I could take some guests in, but not all and there would be a charge for the others.

Not good Getting hit with undisclosed cbarges.

Now I’ve been wacked with $64 usd charge on amex. Can someone clarify what their understanding of this is. At no point did the lounge woman say I could take some guests in, but not all and there would be a charge for the others.

It's poor that they didn't mention the charges, but I believe this is correct under PP T&C. I actually thought the additional guest charge was $36 USD pp but could be wrong.

All in the terms and conditions:
At any visit to a Priority Pass lounge that admits guests, you may bring in 1 guest for no charge. You will be charged the prevailing retail rate for any additional guests.

I believe the supplementary card works slightly differently to the primary card. I was told the supplementary card gets unlimited entry for the card holder, and two free guest passes to use over the year. Any additional guests brought in by the supplementary after the two free passes incurs $32 each.

(Primary gets unlimited number of single guest entries.)

I believe the supplementary card works slightly differently to the primary card. I was told the supplementary card gets unlimited entry for the card holder, and two free guest passes to use over the year. Any additional guests brought in by the supplementary after the two free passes incurs $32 each.

(Primary gets unlimited number of single guest entries.)
I thought the two PP cards you get with an Amex Plat were both unlimited visits including guest

I thought the two PP cards you get with an Amex Plat were both unlimited visits including guest
So my partner has the Amex Platinum. I have the supplementary with PP attached. On being given the ‘supplementary’ PP it was explained that only two free guests. It’s possible they got confused somehow.

The terms and conditions on supplementary cards:
Primary Platinum Card Members and one nominated Additional Platinum Card Member per Account are eligible for Priority Pass membership. At any visit to a Priority Pass lounge that admits guests, you may bring in one guest at no charge. You will be charged the prevailing retail rate for any additional guests.

Unfortunately this, to me, is a limitation of the Priority Pass program in regards to communication, particularly when there are different rules in different places. I had a lounge agent tell me recently it was ok to bring the kids in without charge, but then got charged later! Upon contacting Priority Pass they just say it's third party and I should have known. A bit of a back and forth battle to get a charge reversed. A very expensive box of cereal otherwise!
Seems this has bitten you too unfortunately Ecco with your Priority Pass card enabling one guest, and the other two charged at USD32 each. The supplementary card itself has no Priority Pass accesses I believe, unless you choose to enrol them as a Priority Pass member with their own card - nothing on the Amex itself. If they have their own card, it's unlimited visits, mostly with one guest as well. I'll be very carefully checking the Priority Pass access page before entering lounges again!

The lounge wouldn't know what your Priority Pass membership includes, only whether the system allows them to admit the number of additional guests you're requesting and that 'computer says yes' after swiping your card. Priority Pass pays the lounge a fee per person that they admit, and how much the customer gets charged depends on the plan selected. The AMEX Platinum plan allows for unlimited entries with up to one additional guest - anything beyond that triggers a charge to the AMEX card attached to the account.

AMEX could certainly make it clearer, but the lounge is just processing the number of guests as requested. They can't see your plan details or inclusions. 😊

Hi all.

So if I have a Amex plat charge , sign up for the included priority pass, and I use the PP card, can I go into a PP lounge with 2 guests at no charge?

The 2 guests , example is my wife and child.

Thanks.
K.

Hi all.

So if I have a Amex plat charge , sign up for the included priority pass, and I use the PP card, can I go into a PP lounge with 2 guests at no charge?

The 2 guests , example is my wife and child.

Thanks.
K.
My understanding is the one that comes with the AMEX Platinum Charge is you and one guest. The AMEX app says "Platinum Charge Card Members may bring in one guest at no charge, then be charged the prevailing retail rate for any additional guests. Platinum Business Card Members will be charged the prevailing retail rate for each guest."

My understanding is the one that comes with the AMEX Platinum Charge is you and one guest. The AMEX app says "Platinum Charge Card Members may bring in one guest at no charge, then be charged the prevailing retail rate for any additional guests. Platinum Business Card Members will be charged the prevailing retail rate for each guest."
Thanks . So looks like I need to pay for the one guest if I have 2 guests.

Update on the above… got my physical PP cards.They are indeed me + one guest, unlimited. There must have been some confusion by the PP agent during the initial call.

Thanks everyone for their input and apologies for any confusion!

Correct. Plaza Premium lounges are you and 2 guests, but Priority Pass are you and 1 guest.
@k3nnis - Assuming you have the personal AMEX Platinum Charge card you are entitled to two Priority Pass memberships, one for you as the main cardholder and one for one of your additional cardholders. So you could give the second Priority Pass membership to your wife so that she can get herself in and then your child can go with either one of you as the guest.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back