How does Accor treat you as an Elite guest?

Hotel: Pullman Tokyo Tamachi
Status: Accor+ Explorer Platinum
Room booked: Superior room with a king sized bed
Room upgrade: Not as far as I could tell
Rate: $1020 for three nights, including a Stay Plus voucher
Early Check-in : Not required
Late Check-out: Not required
Free Breakfast: Yes. Decent spread with cooked-to-order eggs, waffles and pancakes, and barista coffee.
Free wifi: Yes
Welcome drink: Yes. Had a beer at the lounge bar. Photo of the options below.
Welcome amenity: A bottle of green tea, ginger crisp thingies, canales (I'd left two to consume on the second night with my coffee but they were whisked away, so the pro-tip is to eat them all on the first day).
Recommend: Yes, definitely. I had a comfortable stay here, and it was one train from NRT. The only quibble I had was the quality of the food in the lounge during canape hour.

Stayed here for three nights after the end of my cruise and it was very comfortable. It was close to Mita station, so was one train from Narita airport, while Tamachi got you to Haneda easily. Add to this close proximity to many sights and it was well located.

The room was substantial and had a walk-in show (a distinct improvement over the Swissotel in Osaka which was shower-over-bath.

The executive lounge was a mixed bag, with pluses being beer on tap, decent afternoon tea and no crowding, but the downside was the mediocre food spread.

Breakfast offered a fairly decent spead, including cooked-to-order eggs and rotating hot and cold items (including excellent tempura shrimp).

They also gifted me a bottle of sake for my 50th birthday.

All up then, for the price I paid, this was a great way to spend a few nights in Tokyo.

View attachment 521915

View attachment 521917

View attachment 521914

View attachment 521918
Just left the same hotel yesterday, similar room but the bathroom was over bath shower. The ginger yuzu snaps were great.
I thought the breakfast on offer was pretty comprehensive (including the tempura), and the coffee was good.
Executive lounge is pleasant, but the food was not overly substantial, and service finishes way too early!
Very convenient for Haneda from Tamachi station.
 
Property: Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore
Status: Accor Plus / ALL Platinum (not recognised at check-in)
Room booked: Base room
Room upgraded/type: Executive King, 63rd floor, Marina Bay Sands view
Rate: AUD $1,085 full flexible for two nights
Early check-in/late checkout: Not required. Arrived late after a 4-hour tech delay on the tarmac in Brisbane. Late checkout unavailable as the hotel was full, which was fine as we had a flight.
Free internet: Yes
Free breakfast: Yes. Had in lounge both days. Very good quality. Singapore omelette was excellent.
Welcome drink: Excellent. Any drink or coughtail up to SGD $35 at SKAI restaurant on floor 70. We had Pommery champagne with amazing views over Marina Bay Sands. The best welcome drink I've had at any Accor property.
Welcome amenity: Plate of grapes, plus a mousse cake for my partner's 70th birthday, a lovely touch.


Overall I was disappointed with our first stay. I'd heard so much hype about this hotel, but it was absolutely packed and we were constantly waiting for lifts. Possibly the F1 the following week added to the crowds, and the city was very busy.

It didn't help that smoke from fires in Borneo blanketed the city for both days we were there.

The lounge does food well. Mostly quality options, and the live cooking station is a nice touch. Drinks, however, are subpar: very average beer and wine, and self-serve vodka and gin that's bottom-shelf. Is it really that hard just to have a decent bottle of sparkling wine to elevate the experience? The lounge also felt frantic, especially right at the 5:30pm opening, which was unpleasant.

Maybe my expectations are too high, but I'm over crowded lounges with people rushing for food and drink like pigs at a trough. We arrived at 5:20 pm one evening and people were already diving into the food and drinks as they’re being laid out by staff. One guest next to us had 20 blackberries on their plate, wiping out the selection for everyone else. Pure greed.

There’s no doubt that the MBS views are panoramic and spectacular, but overall, it felt like a soulless hotel to me.

We're back next week (after the F1 is over), having used a Suite Night Upgrade to book a Signature Suite (I believe a larger room with a lounge rather than a true suite), so I'll report back on whether the second stay changes my impression.




View attachment 524170View attachment 524171View attachment 524172View attachment 524173View attachment 524174
I'm surprised SKAI was available for welcome drinks. It wasn't to us last year (the staff recommended going to Fairmont's ANTI-DOTE instead).

The hotel is perpetually busy as many airlines use it as well for their crew.
 
Keen to hear how the subsequent stay turned out.
If you ever find yourself in Jakarta @goldenhorn Raffles Jakarta should tick all your boxes!
That hotel is on my list! Will stay when I eventually buy a repositioning flight from Jakarta one day.
This gives you the lay of the land of the signature suite. Don't expect a room upgrade.
View attachment 524182
Thank you!
I'm surprised SKAI was available for welcome drinks. It wasn't to us last year (the staff recommended going to Fairmont's ANTI-DOTE instead).

The hotel is perpetually busy as many airlines use it as well for their crew.
Yes SKAI restaurant was listed as permitted on the welcome note but not SKAI bar. I didn’t understand the difference. We sat at the bar in the restaurant,🤷‍♂️
 
That hotel is on my list! Will stay when I eventually buy a repositioning flight from Jakarta one day.

Thank you!

Yes SKAI restaurant was listed as permitted on the welcome note but not SKAI bar. I didn’t understand the difference. We sat at the bar in the restaurant,🤷‍♂️

As you enter from the left, the restaurant is to the left and the bar is to the right. Restaurant would have the better views anyway!
 
Property: Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore
Status: Accor Plus / ALL Platinum (not recognised at check-in)
Room booked: Base room
Room upgraded/type: Executive King, 63rd floor, Marina Bay Sands view
Rate: AUD $1,085 full flexible for two nights
Early check-in/late checkout: Not required. Arrived late after a 4-hour tech delay on the tarmac in Brisbane. Late checkout unavailable as the hotel was full, which was fine as we had a flight.
Free internet: Yes
Free breakfast: Yes. Had in lounge both days. Very good quality. Singapore omelette was excellent.
Welcome drink: Excellent. Any drink or coughtail up to SGD $35 at SKAI restaurant on floor 70. We had Pommery champagne with amazing views over Marina Bay Sands. The best welcome drink I've had at any Accor property.
Welcome amenity: Plate of grapes, plus a mousse cake for my partner's 70th birthday, a lovely touch.


Overall I was disappointed with our first stay. I'd heard so much hype about this hotel, but it was absolutely packed and we were constantly waiting for lifts. Possibly the F1 the following week added to the crowds, and the city was very busy.

It didn't help that smoke from fires in Borneo blanketed the city for both days we were there.

The lounge does food well. Mostly quality options, and the live cooking station is a nice touch. Drinks, however, are subpar: very average beer and wine, and self-serve vodka and gin that's bottom-shelf. Is it really that hard just to have a decent bottle of sparkling wine to elevate the experience? The lounge also felt frantic, especially right at the 5:30pm opening, which was unpleasant.

Maybe my expectations are too high, but I'm over crowded lounges with people rushing for food and drink like pigs at a trough. We arrived at 5:20 pm one evening and people were already diving into the food and drinks as they’re being laid out by staff. One guest next to us had 20 blackberries on their plate, wiping out the selection for everyone else. Pure greed.

There’s no doubt that the MBS views are panoramic and spectacular, but overall, it felt like a soulless hotel to me.

We're back next week (after the F1 is over), having used a Suite Night Upgrade to book a Signature Suite (I believe a larger room with a lounge rather than a true suite), so I'll report back on whether the second stay changes my impression.
After our recent (very poor) experience at the Swissotel lounge (as per the above review and kids running around screaming) we now stay at the Fairmont next door. It really felt like feeding time at the zoo at the Swissotel. The Exec (Gold) Lounge at the Fairmont is chalk and cheese. Excellent food, 3 type each of red and white wine, an extensive coughtail menu etc. Although hotel was also busy we didn't need to wait for lifts and Pommery in the Gold lounge helps numb any pain of the day!

Although I believe you need to stay in a Fairmont Gold room to get lounge access.
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top