How do Hilton treat you as an Elite? | Page 421 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

How do Hilton treat you as an Elite?

Aeolus

Established Member
What is the $10 breakfast tax at the sydney Hilton? Is it for the full breakfast buffet, I'd assume the EL breakfast is still available?

Also didn't they just finish "renovating" the lounge recently and now it's out of action again?
No charge for EL breakfast. The recent move of EL to Glass is not renovation related. I understand there are ELs in other hotels shutting and consolidating with other facilities to increase efficiencies and reduce cost. As the EL is now in Glass, I have no idea how that separation is going to be managed.

Sabot

No charge for EL breakfast. The recent move of EL to Glass is not renovation related. I understand there are ELs in other hotels shutting and consolidating with other facilities to increase efficiencies and reduce cost. As the EL is now in Glass, I have no idea how that separation is going to be managed.
COVID-19 is going to be a big disruption to the entire hotel industry.
Personally I think this is a bad time to nickel and dime elite loyalty members.

I am seriously considering whether I will be continuing with HH in the next couple of years.
A good example is the DT Flinders Street Station, my HH membership is the only reason I stay there.

Flashback

Flights
My Map

I am seriously considering whether I will be continuing with HH in the next couple of years.
A good example is the DT Flinders Street Station, my HH membership is the only reason I stay there.
I have exactly 0 HH stays booked for this year, likely to stay that way too.

Austman

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
I doubt they knew much (or anything) about COVID-19 when the policy was being formulated.

Talking to Hilton staff (in Australia) over the past few days.

They are in crisis mode.

Corporate travel has stopped and tourist travel is disappearing. Who would come as a tourist to Australia? And even domestic tourism is uncomfortable for many.

Flashback

Flights
My Map
I doubt they knew much (or anything) about COVID-19 when the policy was being formulated.

Talking to Hilton staff (in Australia) over the past few days.

They are in crisis mode.

Corporate travel has stopped and tourist travel is disappearing. Who would come as a tourist to Australia? And even domestic tourism is uncomfortable for many.
I've just had my diary for the next 2 weeks cleared out completely, had quite a few dinners, parties, etc. arranged ...... all gone, so no surprise the same is happening with travel too.

DC3

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Hilton Brisbane this week. The hotel seems to be almost empty.

I was informed during checkin that there will be a $10 surcharge for a hot breakfast in the restaurant for Diamonds. However, the EL “deluxe“ complimentary continental breakfast has some hot items. This morning: bacon, sautéed mushrooms and scrambled eggs.

The hotel restaurant was near-deserted for dinner tonight. Same with the Lobby bar (all day).

Only about 12 people in the EL for drinks and nibbles each night during my two-night stay. Quite a good spread, and great service from the staff. However, the EL will be relocating to the hotel restaurant area from this coming Monday.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosemary George