HOTP and HSW room price increases

Discussion in 'Hilton Honors' started by hgwells01, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. hgwells01

hgwells01 Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Newcastle NSW
    I wondered if it was just football season in Melb for the increases but it seems room rates just went up $60.00 pn, checked a few dates out to Oct just to make sure and the price is sticking.

2. ChrisFlyer

ChrisFlyer Established Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I don't suppose a sale has just finished?

3. Moopere

Moopere Established Member

Feb 10, 2010
    WA
    HSW at least has been really variable all year in my experience. Pricing leaping $100 or more /night within a single week.

Having said that, just had a quick snoop and there appears to be plenty of availability at $208 through 216$ a night through June/July, though still bouncy on certain days for sure - I think circa $200/night at HSW is about right for the base rooms. August looks bad for no reason I'm aware of, but a couple of spots open at $208-216

4. swanning_it

swanning_it Suspended

Feb 13, 2011
    Gold Coast and PNG Highlands
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I think it's just Hilton overall. Prices seem to me to be higher across the board (especially BNE and CNS)

5. Moopere

Moopere Established Member

Feb 10, 2010
    WA
    Yes to CNS - Geez. I've been trying to find a slot for a week in the 2nd half of the year that isn't ridiculously priced ... instead I'm just finding unavailability of rooms (!!) Plenty of cheap 'doubles' but King bed rooms seem to be booked out or ridiculously priced (which doubtless translates into nearly booked out).