Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone has

1. booked with them and felt it was good experience
2. got the bonus point

As i have never tried that and was looking, the amex website has expiry of 30th of June. When I clicked the specific link to activate the bonus points, it says the deal has expired. So.....

1. are they dodgy?
2. obviously no chance of discount

Or just a glitch is the system?

umm interesting. thats hotel club. Not sure if they are the same.

the link i used was this.... Amex Bonus Rewards | Partner - Hotels.com

And on the right hand side, it says between April to June 2012. Maybe i am reading it all wrong coz i am at the tail end of my SC run..... i dont think i will ever do that again....

umm interesting. thats hotel club. Not sure if they are the same.

the link i used was this.... Amex Bonus Rewards | Partner - Hotels.com

And on the right hand side, it says between April to June 2012. Maybe i am reading it all wrong coz i am at the tail end of my SC run..... i dont think i will ever do that again....

No they are different,

Well it appears they have a short term promo running for The American Express Bonus Points offer has expired but they have forgotton to enable it fully....

Offer commences 1 April 2012 and ends 30 June 2012.

However, how did you find it in the first place ? It's not listed on Amex Bonus Rewards | PARTNERS

Time to ring Amex... AGAIN perhaps ?

ah, stuck in the states doing a SC run at the moment, so will try later.

I just googled the key words, i figured AMEX would be easy to google into its submenus :)

actually on second thought, got scared away by the negative reviews ......

I'm with starthere that used to be called moneybackco. I get 6% back on bookings with hotels.com plus the welcome rewards which works out at 10% of the average rate you pay for 10 nights accommodation. AFAIK when you use the AMEX bonus points you don't get the standard rewards witht he website - hotelclub does that.

Some people prob prefer the reward points, but i like the cash back.

Have had zero issues with hotels.com , and I use them frequently.

I'll second what Mal said. I've got their equivalent of status (FiveStar) and use them all the time because they often have 10% discount vouchers and other good deals.
Also, previously with their bonus points, you didn't have to wait. The bonus points were applied as soon as the transaction was processed for points. This in contrast with HotelClub where the points might post 6-8weeks later, but people's experiences were that they often didn't. I don't know if Hotels.com is using the same mechanism this time, but hopefully they are, as it worked pretty much flawlessly last time around.

thanks m8, will give them a go next time

Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone has

1. booked with them and felt it was good experience
2. got the bonus point

As i have never tried that and was looking, the amex website has expiry of 30th of June. When I clicked the specific link to activate the bonus points, it says the deal has expired. So.....

1. are they dodgy?
2. obviously no chance of discount

Or just a glitch is the system?

Have had zero issues with hotels.com , and I use them frequently.

When booking a hotel that I don't have status with, I always use them. The Welcome Rewards works well on top of getting back around 10-12% via Quidco.

When booking a hotel that I don't have status with, I always use them. The Welcome Rewards works well on top of getting back around 10-12% via Quidco.

Which is exactly how I use them! (Hotelclub is usually 8-12% + their loyalty scheme, but it depends who has the hotel I want at the price I want).

Note that recently I haven't seen bonus points from Amex Aust post for hotels.com automatically. It used to post with the merchant transaction, but seems to have stopped.

Which is exactly how I use them! (Hotelclub is usually 8-12% + their loyalty scheme, but it depends who has the hotel I want at the price I want).

Note that recently I haven't seen bonus points from Amex Aust post for hotels.com automatically. It used to post with the merchant transaction, but seems to have stopped.

I wonder if it's supposed to have bonus points for UK issued cards. I've not seen anything suggesting it though, nor have I seen any bonus points posting when using them.

Same here, I made a booking with hotels.com and the bonus points did not post automatically like they did previously.

As mentioned above, I think the deal may be over despite the website above (which is now down) saying till the 30th of June. I remember checking the bonus partners earlier, when that website was live, and there was no direct link from the bonus partners homepage.

I did however, email Amex when the points didn't post and the website was up. They said to wait 8-10 weeks, which was listed in the T&C on the website, so I am waiting to hear back from them.

hang on, you guys talking about hotels.com or hotelclub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back