Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Hotel in LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITGUY911

I am traveling to the US next week and this time am taking a couple of days on my own time in LA. Can anyone recomend a hotel thats convenient to both LAX and close enough to go and do some shopping sight seeing etc. would suggest $200AUD as maximum but as this is on my own money as opposed to works I would like to keep expenses down.

Thanks in advance guys

alect

ITGUY911 said:
I am traveling to the US next week and this time am taking a couple of days on my own time in LA. Can anyone recomend a hotel thats convenient to both LAX and close enough to go and do some shopping sight seeing etc. would suggest $200AUD as maximum but as this is on my own money as opposed to works I would like to keep expenses down.

Thanks in advance guys

I recently had a colleague/friend ask for the same. Very difficult to find a hotel in LA under A$200 (unless you do priceline). The hotels near the airport are probably the chepeast in town, but I wouldn't want to stay there unless just overnighting for a connection.

Also depends on whether you will have a rental care and can get around - otherwise location is integral as public transport is almost non existent and taxis are expensive. I have seen some cheap rates are HGIs and the like in Torrance and surrounds, but you would need a car bc there isn't much there to do/see.

mabunji

Intern
No specific recommendations for hotels. Travelling to the US I tend to find that Hotel Reservations. Discount Hotels Worldwide have the best prices. Not sure what dates you are travelling but they have a couple of 3* hotels downtown at Aus$74/night next week under last minute deals.

Also check out the Los Angeles metro (metro.net | Transit Services and Information for Los Angeles County). The metro's not bad for getting around Los Angeles. It also connects to LAX via free shuttle (can be slow - allow plenty of time for your return flight).

I'm not a real big fan of LA. If I had a couple of days I'd probablly hire a car and head to Las Vegas driving through Death Valley. The national park is pretty spectacular - Las Vegas is wonderful in its brashness.

Enjoy your trip

Evan

Established Member
Price aside the hotels near the airport are mostly in the same area and after dark its not very nice, only for a stop over would i do it, in town there is plenty of hotels but all rather pricey, if you need i can look up the place i stayed a couple of years ago now but was about that $200 area.

I always have a similar issue in tokyo, business hotels are great (love the concept) but try finding someing reasonable if you want nice for a couple. Now i have a few i posted them already in other threads.

Back OT, travel agent have any ideas ?
Evan

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Status
Not open for further replies.