Hotel for overnight layover question

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Nobby, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Nobby

Nobby Intern

Nov 18, 2005
    Sydney
    A bit of a newbie question, but I've never been in this situation before, and it's pretty stressful.

I'll be flying on Air China tomorrow, SYD-PEK-FCO. Unfortunately there's an overnight layover in Beijing... my flight from Sydney arrives at 11:05pm (CA 178), and my flight to Rome leave the next day at 1:40pm (CA 939).

I've been informed that Air China will provide a hotel for this layover, but how does it work? I assume there won't be someone at arrivals with our names on a placard! Will there be someone holding a placard for the PEK-FCO flight? Is there a guest relations booth that will be open at that hour?

I think I may also be arriving in the domestic terminal (whichever one "terminal 2" is), since the SYD-PEK flight actually stops in Shanghai on the way. When I was in the domestic terminal of PEK at this hour before, everything was completely shut, no hotel booths, nothing.

So my partner and I are a bit concerned. How does this work?

Thanks a lot for all of your help guys! :)

2. Mwenenzi

Mwenenzi Established Member

May 17, 2006
    MEL
    Have you asked Air China ??

3. Nightwatchman

Nightwatchman Junior Member

Jun 16, 2006
    I can't help you with your accomodation question, but Treminal 2 in PEK is the international terminal.

4. DPG

DPG Member

Oct 23, 2005
    SYD
    Nobby, I believe that the accomodation needs to be booked in advance by your Travel Agent with Air China.

I am not sure what can be done at this late stage.

D P G