Answered - Hong Kong Airport - Which Lounge to use ? | Page 3 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered Hong Kong Airport - Which Lounge to use ?

FL360

I have been to most CX / QF First and Business lounges in HKG.

my favourite is CX Pier First, however the queue for massage is 4-5 hrs.
if you are really kin, use the in town check in so you can get the boarding pass earlier.

the CX Pier First restaurant is not quote good in taking orders as they often mixed up orders.

a general tip is that the shuttle train only goes one way, so if you went to the far far away lounge, you have to walk back to the gate near immigration, which can make you sweat all over again.

Borisdog

Qantas
Platinum 1
Have just done a very quick lounge hop from 0700 to 1000 local HK time.

For me , The Pier is the pick if you’re OWE. Just a fair bit easier on the eye. I found the Wing very dark in decor, difficult to see but I did like the champagne bar 😇. Both top quality lounges though.

The Wing is the easiest access ex Security but very easy to get to the Pier, just go to the People mover trains and get off at the first stop and walk toward gate 64/5. Bear in mind that you’re gunna be walking back from the Pier. The People mover is one way only.

I have a fair bit more time on the way home and might even check the QP 🤭

esseeeayeenn

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I'd have to vote for the CX Wing F because of the chanpagne bar and the amazing cabana bath suites with the shirt pressing service.
May be my favourite lounge although the food could be better.

Daver6

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
The Wing is the easiest access ex Security but very easy to get to the Pier, just go to the People mover trains and get off at the first stop and walk toward gate 64/5. Bear in mind that you’re gunna be walking back from the Pier. The People mover is one way only.
Do you mean the internal trains on the lower level? I'm 99.9% confident I've taken it in both directions.

TonyHancock

AFF Supporter
Do you mean the internal trains on the lower level? I'm 99.9% confident I've taken it in both directions.
I think the one heading towards immigration is for arrivals only.

As an aside for those transiting HKG it is worth noting that there is a transfer and security area near gate 35 which, from my experience, is not as busy as the two transfer areas near immigration and has the added benefit of being much closer to The Pier.

Borisdog

Qantas
Platinum 1
Yes , definitely the one on the lower level. The girl at the info desk told me they only go one way and I’d have to walk back. Which really wasn’t far.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonesBoys