HIH Royal Commission - This is unbelievable ...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Admin, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Admin

Administrator Moderator

Jun 18, 2002
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    HIH Royal Commission. Day 131. Wayne Martin QC examining Raymond Reginald Williams.

Martin: "Could you tell us please if, on your frequent first-class trips to London, you booked the seat next to you for your briefcase ?"

Williams: "I don't recall specifically. But that may have been the case, on some occasions. "

Martin: "That your briefcase was also travelling first class?"

Williams: "That may have been the case."

Martin: "Did you express the view to Qantas that this briefcase should be eligible for frequent flier points ?"

Williams: "I can't recall that."

Martin: "And were you subsequently informed that said briefcase would not be eligible for such points on the grounds that it was not, in fact, a person ?"

Williams: "That may have been the airline's position on that issue."

Martin: "Was that briefcase, from that point on, booked under the name of Casey Williams ?"

Williams: "Casey Reginald Williams, AM."

2. Myrna

Myrna Active Member

Aug 23, 2002
    The story has been doing the round for more than a week. However, if you check the transcripts of the royal commission website there was no such examination!