HFP: 18000 avios for ~aud250 | Page 3 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

HFP: 18000 avios for ~aud250

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
got my 2 sets of points today - planned to go back to get a few more sets tonight

just went to the website and now the offer is down to 9000 points for 160 eur, dead deal for me now.
dang! It was on my list of things to do today and I just checked this thread to get the link.

Classic case of you snooze you lose :(

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
dang! It was on my list of things to do today and I just checked this thread to get the link.

Classic case of you snooze you lose :(
Oh no! I was about to take out a sub as well! I should have taken out the offer when I first read about it last week... :(

justinbrett

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I have noticed (only just signing up for BAEC) - redemption availability is pretty terrible, compared to QF SG at least.

Good value for QF DOM J. I had a look at BA LHR-MAD return and it's about 20K points for a A$250 fare. No good. I think I'll use my points for SYD-BNE return in J.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
I have noticed (only just signing up for BAEC) - redemption availability is pretty terrible, compared to QF SG at least.

Good value for QF DOM J. I had a look at BA LHR-MAD return and it's about 20K points for a A$250 fare. No good. I think I'll use my points for SYD-BNE return in J.
BA has its sweet spots. AU domestic for example, as well as intra-Asia on CX. Short haul J in Asia are 15000 avios, which can be reduced down to 8000 plus co-payment of ~£60. Given CX lounges in HKG, and that one ways (or returns) in business can be very expensive, it saves a lot of money. Another route is China to Japan... where economy return on JL can be $700 for a short two hour flight. Avios is a cheap alternative.

Isochronous

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
BA has its sweet spots. AU domestic for example, as well as intra-Asia on CX. Short haul J in Asia are 15000 avios, which can be reduced down to 8000 plus co-payment of ~£60. Given CX lounges in HKG, and that one ways (or returns) in business can be very expensive, it saves a lot of money. Another route is China to Japan... where economy return on JL can be $700 for a short two hour flight. Avios is a cheap alternative.
Although BA are now blocking HKG redemptions on CX about 7 days out

hamcool

Wow, I managed to snaffle 1 x 18k. And paid for another subscription 2 days ago for the wife. Fingers crossed the voucher that comes through is for 18k points rather than the 9k.

im.daniel

Wow, I managed to snaffle 1 x 18k. And paid for another subscription 2 days ago for the wife. Fingers crossed the voucher that comes through is for 18k points rather than the 9k.
Likewise - I got mine at 8pm yesterday ... it still said 18k Avios. Shot them e-mail just to clarify.

andye

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Economist potentially deductible for the right occupation

im.daniel

Block the transaction on your CC if they try to back out, I got mine 2 days ago also. They can't retrospectively change the offer.
Just got a response - They said that 9k comes into effect on purchases from 2nd September onwards, and will be honouring the 18k for those who purchased prior to that. Phew!

Finale

Flights
My Map
Anyboby bought from vente-privee? The pdf file with a personal code showed up today in my orders. When trying to redeem at aviosvouchers.com/venteprivee, I got the message the code already expired :shock:

parth

I subscribed last night and it all went well. I'm now waiting on the AVIOS voucher to arrive. As far as I can tell they haven't yet been sent out to anyone.
hi. did you supply australian address? thank you in advance.

brown891

Curious to know if anyone has used their 18k avios points to redeem on a J class SYD-MEL trip on the new QF dreamliner ??

samh004

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Annoying to see I've missed out, but you snooze you lose. Finances are still a little tight even for a great deal!

AFF on Air Podcast

• Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt cha ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisana