Status
Not open for further replies.

andye

Virgin
Platinum
Oneworld
Emerald
The current Amex statement credit is good but have found some other goodies

With the Charge, I had more benefits than I thought. Entering the CDP code 211762 resulted in a significant discount (see page below)

The UK site headforpoints also alerted me to another potential benefit of a 4 hour grace period with 633306. It looks like this may only be available in US, Middle East and Europe though

The current Amex statement credit is good but have found some other goodies

With the Charge, I had more benefits than I thought. Entering the CDP code 211762 resulted in a significant discount (see page below)

The UK site headforpoints also alerted me to another potential benefit of a 4 hour grace period with 633306. It looks like this may only be available in US, Middle East and Europe though

If you are an Amex Platinum Charge Card holder , you are eligible to enrol for the Hertz Five Star Plus membership account which is the top tier membership with Hertz and yes the benefits are decent in terms of discount/preferential treatment.

Thanks for this. With the Amex spend $150, get $50 back combined with the platinum code I got a good deal for car hire in Byron.

If you are an Amex Platinum Charge Card holder , you are eligible to enrol for the Hertz Five Star Plus membership account which is the top tier membership with Hertz

Presidents Circle is the top status for Hertz that isn't invite-only. I've been PC for 4 years and have almost always been given the best car available in Aus and NZ. Hertz PC (and five star) are much more rewarding in the U.S. where large airports have the grab any car and go sections for PC (LA trip in Jan I booked a cheap hatch and picked a Mercedes from the lot) and Five star (slightly less higher end choices). Hertz also has a top tier of Hertz Platinum, which is invitation only (a la Chairmans Lounge/ United Global Services).

Presidents Circle is the top status for Hertz that isn't invite-only. I've been PC for 4 years and have almost always been given the best car available in Aus and NZ. Hertz PC (and five star) are much more rewarding in the U.S. where large airports have the grab any car and go sections for PC (LA trip in Jan I booked a cheap hatch and picked a Mercedes from the lot) and Five star (slightly less higher end choices). Hertz also has a top tier of Hertz Platinum, which is invitation only (a la Chairmans Lounge/ United Global Services).

Apologies , you are right. Presidents Circle is the top status tier for Hertz and only realised it after checking my erstwhile velocity platinum benefits. Cheers

I have the AMX Plat card and tried to register for Hertz Five Star and it doesn't seem to work.
Where on the website is it suppose to say Five Star on the account because all mine says is "Gold Plus Rewards".

1608441874147.png

But when i search for cars the website it automatically add the AMEX code if i am signed in:

1608442074007.png

Does the 4hours grace period apply in Australia?

I think once you enrol as a Plat holder you get automatic status as Five Star. Its a great benefit and Hertz treat you well, with really good upgrades, along with no waiting in queues at airports.

I think once you enrol as a Plat holder you get automatic status as Five Star. Its a great benefit and Hertz treat you well, with really good upgrades, along with no waiting in queues at airports.
Ok. will try it out. Getting a compact SUV and hoping for an upgrade :)
Do you have to book with the Amex code or can i show them the card at the counter?
The reason I ask this is because booking without the AMEX code is actually cheaper for some reason...

Ok. will try it out. Getting a compact SUV and hoping for an upgrade :)
Do you have to book with the Amex code or can i show them the card at the counter?
The reason I ask this is because booking without the AMEX code is actually cheaper for some reason...
You'd need to have the card in the system at booking to get the Amex rate. I often change the card at pick up or drop off depending on what deals are going.

I don't know the reason either and nor do Hertz when I've asked. This is often the case, for me at least anyway. I remove the autofill "Amex Benefit" code thingy especially if there's a "5 for 4" type deal going. On my most recent booking two weeks ago, when I rang to inquire about the price discrepancy, the agent on the phone came up with a third (and lower) price again so I just went with that.

I'm PC (via VA WP) and I always get a much better car than I book but only once has it been a Euro (Audi Q5). In fact, I consider it a form of gambling to see how big a car I can get from the littlest car I can stomach to book.

Can you guys check if it says five star on your Hertz account. I just called them up to see if they will do any last minute booking discounts and the lady (pretty ride too) said she can't see any five star notes on my account. Only shows up as a standard hertz plus member.
She said I should call American express and ask them if I will get the complimentary upgrade if there's one available.. Got me off the phone pretty quickly.

Can you guys check if it says five star on your Hertz account. I just called them up to see if they will do any last minute booking discounts and the lady (pretty ride too) said she can't see any five star notes on my account. Only shows up as a standard hertz plus member ....

I cancelled my Plat Charge card earlier this year, but it looks like the Hertz Gold status may remain for rest of the year, as I still have it.

Not sure how well this will display, but it’s an extract from my Hertz account:

clubgold_fs.gif

This page is a summary of your entire profile. Please review carefully.

Last edited:
Ok yours have five star on it. Mine doesn't say that. Only gold plus rewards which is free to join.
Was your Hertz 5-star ever activated when you applied for it through Amex Plat Charge? Similar to Hilton Gold, etc.
Post automatically merged:

Pretty ride?o_O.

Perhaps you meant pretty rude?
Not necessarily. 🤣

Same mines not 5 star
So, you applied for Hertz 5-star through the Amex Plat webpage, where it shows all of the Partners? When I did mine several years ago, the Hertz membership updated within 2-3 weeks from applying, from memory.

So, you applied for Hertz 5-star through the Amex Plat webpage, where it shows all of the Partners. When I did mine several years ago, the Hertz membership updated within 2-3 weeks from applying, from memory.
That’s right, its been 2 months now. Is your cdp showing amex platinum au?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back