Hertz #1 Club Gold FIVE STAR | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Hertz #1 Club Gold FIVE STAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjobs

hi there,

i have just been 'awarded' membership to this five star club.

i have been club gold for ages. does anyone know what difference this will now make?

cheers

markis10

Veteran Member
Sounds like Hertz are taking their teir structure in the US and introducing it to OZ, here are the US Benefits and qual levels:

In addition to benefiting from Hertz' expedited rental and return process,
#1 Club Gold members can earn higher program status with increased rental activity, ultimately becoming a #1 Club Gold Five Star or #1 Club Gold President's Circle member. Upon completion of 10 or more rentals within a 12-month period, customers are eligible for the Five Star level. At this level, customers receive with each rental, a complimentary one-car class upgrade based upon availability, coupon offers with greatly reduced blackout dates and a Free Rental Day Certificates after every 20 rentals.

At the end of each calendar year, members' rental activity will be
evaluated and, with a higher level of rentals, Five Star members will qualify for #1 Club Gold President's Circle.

#1 Club Gold President's Circle is for Hertz' most loyal and frequent
customers. Customers are eligible to attain President's Circle status after
completing 40 or more rentals within a 12-month period. This level provides guaranteed availability of a vehicle, with a two-hour minimum advance reservation, a guaranteed upgrade, (midsize and above reserved) and a vehicle parked in a specially designated President's Circle parking place that is closest to the vehicle pick up location in the #1 Club Gold area in major airports.

That was from a US press release and it may be out of date. Like the guaranteed car benefit!

Dave Noble

Mal said:
In Australia, the qualification levels are lower:

10 rentals = 5 Star
30 rentals = Presidents Circle.

I thought that the requirement for 5* was still 10 rentals with the lower 30 rentals for PC

Dave

Dave Noble

markis10 said:
That was from a US press release and it may be out of date. Like the guaranteed car benefit!
The guaranteed car benefit still exists for PC members

Dave

Groundfeeder

I've just got a swag of freebies from Avis, although they don't demonstrably tout any status levels that I know of.

Nightwatchman

I am a 5* Gold member, and could probably attain President's Circle without too much effort - but the program holds little interest for me.

I use a range of rental car companies, just to try out different vehicles. If Hertz made the benefits of PC more attractive, they would get all my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GuyRTW