Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Helsinki transit

Status
Not open for further replies.

codash1099

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
I'm travelling HKG to ARN with a transit in HEL. If I buy duty free booze in HKG, will there be any problems with it as carry on in HEL?

codash1099

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Apologies for "bumping" my own thread, but I would appreciate the benefit of any experience/knowledge out there.

dmitri

I can't help sorry but unless its something special you can only buy in Hong Kong I personally would wait until I get to ARN or wait for the trip home if possible

codash1099

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
I can't help sorry but unless its something special you can only buy in Hong Kong I personally would wait until I get to ARN or wait for the trip home if possible
Thanks, dmitri. I'm guessing that arrival duty free at ARN, if it's available, would be more expensive than at HKG. And my reason for buying it on the way in is to avoid the high prices in Sweden. (I'd like a small imbibe while I'm there!)

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red

codash1099

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
You definitely go through a security screening process upon arrival at HEL (after immigration processing). These links may provide some help in understanding the regulations regarding carrying DF purchased LAGs through the screening point at HEL. Read carefully and research well.

https://www.finavia.fi/en/news-room/news/2014/new-eu-liquids-regulation-same-rules-for-passengers/
Shopping | Helsinki-Vantaa airport | Information and services | Finnair
Thanks, Nellie. Some conflict between the two, but for one litre, I think I'll take a punt.

moa999

Enthusiast
That first link does appear to show you should be safe as long as the material is appropriately bagged.

Alternatively you could do what I have done before on TPE-HKG-SYD connections (TPE is very cheap)
and that is collected luggage in Hong Kong, repacked the DF inside it (for extra protection) and checked it in.
(Obviously Aus not having such customer friendly duty free regulations)

The Qantas Premier Platinum Card delivers up to 100k Qantas Points, 75 bonus Status Credits, complimentary lounge invitations and travel insurance. All this with a reduced first-year annual fee of $199.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

codash1099

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
That first link does appear to show you should be safe as long as the material is appropriately bagged.

Alternatively you could do what I have done before on TPE-HKG-SYD connections (TPE is very cheap)
and that is collected luggage in Hong Kong, repacked the DF inside it (for extra protection) and checked it in.
(Obviously Aus not having such customer friendly duty free regulations)
Thanks. Connection is a fraction tight to allow that, at least as a reliable option. I think I'll be safe and it isn't sheep-stations anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Traveling_Side