Help with choosing best frequent flyer rewards card - $100,000 pa spend

Status
Not open for further replies.

abarker

Looking for some advice.

Currently have ANZ Platinum Frequent Flyer and in the past this card was capped, thus I haven't been earning many points. This has changed recently, though I haven't seen this mentioned on the forums anywhere. I only pay $95 pa plus $55 for the rewards scheme, as I originally signed up for the entry level card and was upgraded.

I spend $50,000 pa on this card and we pay another $50,000 pa on BAS, which up to this point has not been on a card. (Learning a lot on this forum).

I'm currently a Qantas FF (QC) and my points go here, but interested in the Westpac Kris Flyer as many ppl have recommended this; however, their Visa point rewards are dropping soon.(March)

Can anyone recommend what they think the best card/s would be based on this spend?

At this stage, I'm considering all options, but AMEX is very popular on the forums, but I'll need a Visa reward scheme too, as AMEX is not always accepted or the surcharge is high. My BAS payment fees will be tax deductible.

Much appreciated...Adam

Amex Platinum Edge with 3:2:1 points seems a popular choice right now (supermarkets/fuel/others). 20K points when you join + 1 free DJ domestic flight = 149/yr. This will reap you MR rewards via Amex Ascent and can't transfer to QFF though.

If you can deal with a mastercard rather than Visa the Woolies Everyday Rewards Mastercard is 89/yr with 16K points upon join and along with the Everyday Rewards scheme offers possibilites for 2:1 points:dollar for affiliated store purchases and a minimum of 1:1. Points accrued directly to QFF points.

If your income is 100K+ some of the Amex Platinum choices appear good to me offering good dollar:point ratios and the possibility of using Amex's "Ascent Premium" rewards scheme which -does- allow transfer to QFF.

Cheers - Moo

Hi all,
looking for a card for business use. Will be using approx 150k annually on card and looking to use points for flights.
The ANZ platinum does look the best from what i have seen (all very new to me) but there are so mant to choose from. I have never had a frequent flyer account, but i have a velocity rewards card that is only new.
Any help appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back