Has BA changed its stripes?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by vt, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. vt

vt Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    Often we hear on the various forums about remembering your QF card when you will be visiting the BA lounges due to the dragons. It was with this in mind that I told Mrs VT that she may not get into the BA lounges once she become an AA Candy Theif.

Surprise Surprise

An email this morning from the "BA Lounge in JFK" where she gained entry via a swipe of the boarding pass.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Are the warnings not true?

Mind you...early days...she has to get into the BA Lounge in LHR before I am convinced.

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Things are often different at the "colonial outposts" like JFK. She may have different issues if trying to gain lounge access at LHR for the return.

3. Tooner

Tooner Active Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    And even smaller ones like Amsterdam, where they quoted the rules and then cheerfully ignored them!:D

4. Keith009

Keith009 Established Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Brisbane / Sydney
    At least the rules were ignored in your favour and not the other way round. :evil:

5. Tooner

Tooner Active Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Gotta love the assymetric payoff;)