Harvey world travel charges extra 3% for AMEX purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristo1

Has anyone else been advised of a merchant charging an extra 3% for AMEX purchases over an extra nothing "0" for Visa/Mastercard?

Yep plenty of places do it, charge anything from 2-5% for Amex or Diners.

I'd recommend keeping away from Harvey World anyway, on my list of "Worlds Worst Companies"

Why do you say that re Harvey World?

As i am using them to pay for a holiday?

Had a massive issue with them a year and a bit ago. Agent booked me on the wrong flight, stuffed up my transfers and booked me the cheapest hotel package (while charging me for the most expensive, no doubt pocketing the rest).
Ended up having to go to court and everything but finally got it solved, however I still had to go through dealing with the upper management of that company, which is disgraceful to say the very least.
I'd recommend getting somebody else to do it, I know they're all franchised, but if anything goes wrong and you have to deal with Head Office... well I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back